Subject: [IMRG] ACM SIGCOMM VISA'10 workshop: EXTENDED deadline to April 2nd.

From: "Sue Moon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:23:52 +0900

CALL FOR PAPERS: VISA'10

	2nd Workshop on Virtualized Infrastructure Systems and Architectures
		
	In Conjunction with ACM SIGCOMM?0, New Delhi, Aug 30th-Sept 3rd 2010
		http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2010/workshops/VISA

Infrastructure virtualization has emerged as an important architecture and
experimentation concept for the Internet infrastructure. The global
computing and communication infrastructure will encompass (as it does today)
a diverse and huge collection of networking, computing and storage
resources. Together they need to form a coherent infrastructure and meet our
society's requirements for the 21st century. 

There are many technical problems to solve to enable Infrastructure
virtualization: how to discover and advertise the resources; how to create
and manage an infrastructure slice across diverse resources; how does
virtualization extend into the data center or to the wireless edge; how to
implement virtualization across heterogeneous resources and protocols; how
to map an application or service to run on an infrastructure slice; what
applications and capabilities are enabled by infrastructure virtualization;
how does infrastructure virtualization impact the business models of network
operators; and others.

The goal of the workshop is to feature recent research and developments
related to infrastructure virtualization; to allow exchange of ideas; and to
help build a research and user community to explore and help realize the
potential of infrastructure virtualization.

			TOPICS OF INTEREST

We encourage the submission of position papers and of works which encompass
the whole infrastructure virtualization (network and storage and computing
resources). We solicit previously unpublished work on the following, non
exhaustive, list of topics:

	-	Infrastructure virtualization architecture;
	-	Resource allocation to virtual slices;  
	-	Impact of infrastructure virtualization on the data center;
	-	Management tools for infrastructure virtualization;
	-	How can infrastructure virtualization enable or support
cloud computing; 
	-	Isolation and slice independence in a virtualized
infrastructure;
	-	Integration of the wireless edge into a virtualized network;
	-	Inter-operability and federation of virtualized
infrastructures;
	-	Cross-layer protocols for virtualized networks;
	-	Applications and services enabled by virtualized
infrastructure; and 
	-	Security issues with virtualized infrastructure. 

		IMPORTANT DEADLINES

Paper submission deadline: 		April 2nd, 2010
Acceptance notification: 		April 23rd, 2010
Camera ready final submission: 		May 1st, 2010
Workshop: 				Monday August 30, or Friday
September 3, 2010