Subject: [IMRG] ACM SIGCOMM Travel Grant Application Deadline: June 5

From: "Sue Moon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 18:10:56 +0900

Announcing the
Sigcomm 2010 Student Travel Grants

The web site for Sigcomm 2010 Travel Grants is NOW OPEN.

Note:  these awards are NOT limited only to students:  support is 
provided for a variety of different types of attendees, from 
graduate students to post-doctoral scholars to junior faculty.  The 
amount of support depends on the type of attendee and available 
funding.

The web site is:
    http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2010/grants.php

The web site includes the types of awards that will be offered,
the application requirements (including the web site for submitting
applications), and the selection criteria.

The relevant deadlines are:

Submission deadline:  June 5, 2010 (11:59pm PDT)
Award notification:   June 29, 2010
Deadline to accept:   July 6, 2010

Given the limited availability of travel grant support and the 
desire to support as many students as possible, in almost all cases,
the travel awards will not cover the full amount required to attend
the conference, particularly for participants traveling from far
away locations.

Strongest consideration will be given to applications that can both  
demonstrate need for the travel grant, and willingness to complement  
the grant through other sources. Sigcomm encourages the participation  
of women and under-represented minorities.

Questions regarding Student Travel Grants may be addressed to the  
Student Travel Grant Chairs:   Kevin Almeroth at [email-masked]
and Huzur Saran at [email-masked].