Subject: [IMRG] ACM SIGCOMM 2010 Poster/Demo Submission Deadline: MAY 18th

From: "Sue Moon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 06:24:40 +0900

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this notification.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

                     ACM SIGCOMM 2010 - Call for Posters

　　　　　　http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2010/posters.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

The  SIGCOMM  poster session showcases work-in-progress in an informal
setting. Topics of interest are the same as research topics in the SIGCOMM
conference call for papers.

Although anyone can submit a poster, preference will be given to posters
where the primary contribution is from one or more students. Posters will
be reviewed  by  members  of the SIGCOMM Poster Session Committee. At the
conference, student posters must be presented by a student. Authors of
accepted papers in SIGCOMM 2009 may not submit a poster on the same work in
those papers.

Student Research Competition

   For the first time, the SIGCOMM poster session will also serve as an ACM 
student research competition. Qualified entrants must have current ACM
   student membership, have graduate or undergraduate student status at the
   time of submission (May 2010, below), and be submitted by a single
student
   author. Supervisors are not permitted to coauthor the poster.
Undergraduates
   and graduate students will be treated in separate divisions. (Students
   starting their first year of graduate school at the time of the
conference
   will be considered as undergraduates.) A small travel supplement is made
   available to accepted entrants: please also submit applications for
travel
   grant support. The ACM SRC program is sponsored by Microsoft Research.
   Winners will advance to ACM Grand Finals of the Student Research
Competition
   to compete against the winners of other ACM conferences.

Why Should You Submit a Poster?

   This is a great chance especially for students to obtain interesting and
   valuable feedback on ongoing research from a knowledgeable crowd at the
   conference. In addition, some submissions will be forwarded for
publication
   to ACM SIGCOMM's newletter, the ACM Computer Communication Review (CCR).

Travel Grants for Student Posters

   Students who are submitting posters are highly encouraged to examine if
they
   are eligible for student travel grants.

What is a Poster?

   We define a poster to be A0 paper size in portrait mode (841x1189mm), to
   which  you  can  affix visually appealing material that describes your
   research. Alternatively, you can use the space as a continuum. You should
   prepare the best material (visually appealing and succinct) that
effectively
   communicates your research problem, techniques, results, and what is
novel
   and important about your work.

   Note that you do not submit such a large-format image; only an abstract
   describing in text what the poster would present.

What and Where to Submit

   Please    submit    a    two-page   abstract   describing   the   work
   http://sigcomm10-posters.cs.umd.edu/. The decision will be taken
primarily
   by reading the abstract.

   Submissions  are  single  blind,  so please include authors' names and
   affiliation.

  Content:

   The abstract should clearly state:
     * the problem being addressed;
     * what makes this problem interesting, important, and difficult;
     * your approach to the problem;
     * the key contribution.

   In the final version of the abstract, you should include a URL that
provides
   additional information about your work to the attendees.

  Formatting:

   Prepare  your  abstract  using ACM conference style, modified to 10pt.
   Concretely, two columns, minimum 10pt times with 0.75 inch margins and
1/3
   inch space between columns.

   The abstract must be within the page limit and in PDF format. Word
documents
   will not be accepted. At the conference, we will distribute the
abstracts to
   all conference attendees.

Important dates

   Submission Deadline     May 18, 2010 (midnight PDT)
   Acceptance Notification June 10, 2010
   Camera Ready Deadline   June 20, 2010

Poster and Demo Committee

   Poster/Demo Co-Chairs Bhaskaran Raman IIT Bombay
                         Neil Spring     University of Maryland

--------------------------------------------------------------------

                      SIGCOMM 2010 - Call for Demos

　http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2010/demos.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The SIGCOMM demo session showcases technical demonstrations, exhibits, and
prototypes. Research demonstrations should present innovative research
prototypes that show new research related to the topics included in the
SIGCOMM conference call for papers.

What and Where to Submit

   Please   submit   a   three-page   abstract  describing  the  work  to
   http://sigcomm10-posters.cs.umd.edu/. The decision will be taken
primarily
   by reading the abstract.

Content:

   The abstract should include:
     * Goals of the demo and the basic idea that it supports
     * Any related publications or technical reports
     * Equipment to be used for the demo (Note that we provide only the
space
       and wireless Internet access.)
     * Space needed
     * Setup time required
     * Additional  facilities needed, including power and Internet access
       requirements
     * A URL with any extra information, if needed
     * Whether  the  demo  is  eligible  for the student travel grant; if
       applicable, please identify the lead student(s) and affiliation(s)
     * Submissions are single blind, so please include authors' names and
       affiliation.

   Accepted demos will be expected to contribute a two-page abstract for the
   conference proceedings or archive. Obviously, this will not include
details
   about setup time and equipment, but should instead focus on the idea and
   include screenshots or other images from the live demonstration as
needed.
   At the conference, we will distribute the abstracts to all attendees.

Formatting:

   Prepare  your  abstract  using ACM conference style, modified to 10pt.
   Concretely, two columns, minimum 10pt times with 0.75 inch margins and
1/3
   inch space between columns.

   The abstract must be within the page limit and in PDF format. Word
documents
   will not be accepted.

   All demo proposals will be reviewed by the SIGCOMM 2010 Poster and Demo
   committee. Some demos may be invited for publication as extended
abstracts
   at ACM SIGCOMM's newsletter, the ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication
Review
   (CCR).

Important dates

   Submission Deadline     May 18, 2010 (midnight PDT)
   Acceptance Notification June 10, 2010
   Camera Ready Deadline   June 20, 2010

Poster and Demo Committee

   Poster/Demo Co-Chairs Bhaskaran Raman IIT Bombay
                         Neil Spring     University of Maryland