Subject: [IMRG] ACM SIGCOMM Travel Grant Application Deadline Extended to 11:59pm PDT, June 12th

From: "Sue Moon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:07:27 +0900

Dear colleagues,

We have received generous financial support for the conference this year,
and can issue a large number of travel grants in various categories.
To encourage more people to apply, we have decided to extend the travel
grant application deadline for travel grants
by a week to 11:59 pm PDT on June 12, 2010.
Could you please encourage your students, summer interns, post-docs and
junior faculty to apply for travel grants (all the various grants available,
the rules etc. are available at:
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2010/grants.php

We are well-positioned to issue a large number of travel grants. 

Please pass this information on to anyone who you think might be interested.

Thanks,
Ranjita, Sue, and KK

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The travel grant application deadline for ACM Sigcomm conference, workshops
and other associated events is extended to June 12, 2010, 11:59 PDT. Do
consider applying! Please see the following URL for details.

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2010/grants.php

Sigcomm is being held this year in New Delhi, India from August 30 through
September 3. Several sources of grants are available for students and
eligible faculty members/researchers from all across the globe.
 Support for SIGCOMM 2010 has been provided from the following
organizations:
1.       NSF will continue the tradition of sponsoring a number of US-based
graduate students. Support will also extend to a limited number of US-based
postdoctoral scholars.
2.       Euro-NF funding is available for students studying in Euro-NF
partner institutions<http://euronf.enst.fr/p_en_menu1_NFcommunit_396.html>.
To qualify, a student must be a member of the Euro-NF team in a
participating university and/or research center at the time of application.
3.       ACM Sigcomm GeoDiversity travel grants are available for attendees
in their early career (at most five years of full-time, full-level,
non-postdoc, post-PhD employment) from under-represented countries, based on
need, distance to the conference venue, and impact of their attendance in
increasing the diversity of conference participation.
4.       We are working on government support specifically for Indian
students and researchers to attend Sigcomm. This includes PhD students,
faculty and researchers at all universities in India.
5.       The Sigcomm Executive Committee and various corporate
sponsors<http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2010/supporters.php> have
provided additional support to increase support for attendees across all
categories.