Subject: [imss] IMSS feedback on IPv4 over Fibre Channel

From: Claudio DeSanti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:55:23 -0800

Hi all,

last week at IETF I presented to the IMSS WG the new IPv4 over Fibre 
Channel draft.
The feedback of the WG is to continue the work on a combined IPv6/IPv4 
document, that will replace both RFC 3831 and RFC 2625.

I generated a first version of the combined document starting from RFC 
3831, adding the IPv4 stuff, and clarifying some parts. Given the training 
received by George and Ralph in the FC-SP editing meetings, I also applied 
some editorial changes :-)

The combined document is available as 04-748v0 
(http://www.t11.org/t11/docreg.nsf/ufile/04-748v0). The color coding is the 
following:
- the parts applicable to both IPv4 and IPv6 are in black;
- the IPv6 specific stuff are in green;
- the IPv4 specific stuff are in blue.

Tha black and green parts are from RFC 3831, the blue parts are from 
draft-desanti-imss-ipv4-over-fibre-channel-00.txt (04-694v0 on the T11 web 
site).

I also posted document 04-749v0 
(http://www.t11.org/t11/docreg.nsf/ufile/04-749v0), that shows all 
modifications from RFC 3831 and from 
draft-desanti-imss-ipv4-over-fibre-channel-00.txt, modifications required 
to create a proper combined document.

We will use the next IPv4 study group time to complete the letter ballot 
comment resolution on IPv4 and to go through the combined document. I 
recommend all the interested persons to review the documents in advance, 
especially sections 10 and 11 (Sequence and Exchange management).

Thanks,

                              Claudio.

_______________________________________________
imss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss