Subject: [imss] RFC 4338 on Transmission of IPv6, IPv4, and Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Packets over Fibre Channel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:47:29 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4338

        Title:      Transmission of IPv6, IPv4, and Address Resolution
                    Protocol (ARP) Packets over Fibre Channel
        Author(s):  C. DeSanti, C. Carlson, R. Nixon
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 75541
        Obsoletes:  3831, 2625

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-imss-ip-over-fibre-channel-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4338.txt

This document specifies the way of encapsulating IPv6, IPv4, and
Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) packets over Fibre Channel.  This
document also specifies the method of forming IPv6 link-local
addresses and statelessly autoconfigured IPv6 addresses on Fibre
Channel networks, and a mechanism to perform IPv4 address resolution
over Fibre Channel networks. 

This document obsoletes RFC 2625 and RFC 3831.

This document is a product of the Internet and Management Support for
Storage Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
imss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss