Subject: [imss] Protocol Action: 'Fibre-Channel Name Server MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 12:52:41 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Fibre-Channel Name Server MIB '
   <draft-ietf-imss-fc-nsm-mib-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet and Management Support for Storage 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imss-fc-nsm-mib-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it describes managed objects for information related
   to the Name Server function of a Fibre Channel network.  The Fibre
   Channel Name Server provides a means for Fibre Channel ports to
   register and discover Fibre Channel names and attributes.

Working Group Summary

   This document was reviewed in the IMSS WG and in Technical Committee
   T11 (the official Fibre Channel standards body).  T11 voted to
   recommend a prior version of this document to the IETF.

Protocol Quality

   The protocol has been reviewed by Keith McCloghrie for the imss WG.
   Keith is one in the group of authors.
   Orly Nicklass did independent MIB Doctor review and Bert Wijnen
   reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
imss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss