Subject: [imss] Protocol Action: 'Fibre Channel Registered State Change Notification (RSCN) MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:50:38 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Fibre Channel Registered State Change Notification (RSCN) MIB '
   <draft-ietf-imss-fc-rscn-mib-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet and Management Support for 
Storage Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imss-fc-rscn-mib-02.txt

Technical Summary 

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) 
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community. 
In particular, it describes managed objects for information related 
to the management of Fibre Channel's Registered State Change 
Notifications (RSCNs). 

Working Group Summary 

This document was reviewed in the IMSS WG and in Technical Committee 
T11 (the official Fibre Channel standards body). T11 voted to 
recommend a prior version of this document to the IETF. 

Document Quality 

The protocol has been reviewed for the IMSS WG by Keith McCloghrie, by
David L. Black (imss WG Chair), and by Dan Romascanu for the IESG.

The MIB Doctor Review performed by Bert Wijnen found a few issues 
in SMI syntax and documentation which were fixed. 

The document has a normative reference on the FC-LS standard
in INCITS Technical Committee T11, which was mentioned in the IETF Last
Call:

[FC-LS]
     "Fibre Channel - Link Services (FC-LS)", ANSI INCITS xxx-200n, Rev
     1.61, http://www.t11.org/t11/stat.nsf/upnum/1620-d, November 2006.

As of January 23, 2007, the designator "INCITS 433" has been assigned to
the FC-LS standard, and the standard is in an INCITS public review that
that will end on February 19, 2007.  It is likely that FC-LS will be
published as ANSI INCITS 433-2007 during 2007, but it will be necessary to
verify this and enter the correct reference prior to publication of the
RFC.  RFC publication will have to be delayed until FC-LS is published as
is the usual procedure for normative references.
 
Note to RFC Editor

Please make the following changes:

Section 1 - take out the following paragraph:

   This memo includes boilerplate which uses only one of the following
   terms, but is nevertheless required to mention all of the keywords in
   the following statement:

_______________________________________________
imss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss