Subject: [imss] STORM BOF date/time determination

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:52:22 -0500

Someone asked - when will we know whether it's Thu or Fri
(Mar 26 or 27) and what time the STORM BOF is?

The secretariat should have (or shortly will have) gathered
all the inputs for session scheduling for San Francisco.

According to this page:
	http://www.ietf.org/meetings/74/cutoff-dates.html
There should be a preliminary agenda for the SF meeting week
out this Friday.  That preliminary agenda inevitably leads to
multiple rounds of "<X> conflicts with <Y>, can we swap it with
<Z>" discussions, even though conflicts are an input to the
initial agenda.  Some conflicts are inevitably overlooked,
forgotten, or not noticed until the initial agenda is published
- think of this as a demonstration that IETF session scheduling
is at least an NP-Hard problem ;-).

The final agenda, with the STORM date, time and room should be
published on Mar 2.  That's 3+ weeks in advance, so reasonable
domestic airfares to SF should still be available.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------