Subject: [INDEP] Focus

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:55:25 +0200

Colleagues,

This lists purpose is to provide a forum that is wider than only IETF  
only to discuss the Independent processing track and to document the  
process.

My role in this is to act as shepherd, moderator and the equivalent  
of a WG chair i.e. trying to pull consensus from the people  
participating on this list.

draft-klensing-rfc-independent is the closest document to describing  
the current process. I am not aware of other documents. In order to  
make progress in the short period that we have for proceeding with  
this task I propose we focus on that particular document.

I would like to request participants _not_ to go into details such as  
how long particular documents have been in a specific state or how  
certain details should have been managed in the past. Providing an  
occasional example is fine. But, please keep a forward look and try  
to understand and document the principles.

It helps if participants in the discussion would try to provide text  
that can be pasted into the document and clearly organize their  
comments by subject and thread.

The references below have been posted to this list before and are  
considered known material.

Thanks,

--Olaf

References:
Latest version of "timeline" for "RFC Editor & 2006", which includes  
overall context:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/ 
msg02524.html

General announcement of this list:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/ 
msg02583.html

IAB umbrella document:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-rfc-editor-00.txt

-----------------------------------------------------------
Olaf M. Kolkman
NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/

_______________________________________________
INDEPENDENT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/independent