Subject: [INDEP] Correction on pg 5 of independent-05.txt

From: Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 17:41:31 -0600

>  Meeting notes and reports (RFC 164 [RFC0164] is the earliest, 1109
>       [RFC1109] probably the most important).
>    o  Editorials (the best example is IEN-137, not an RFC).
>    o  Eulogies (RFC 2441 [RFC2441])
>    o  Technical contributions (e.g., RFC 1810 [RFC1810]) and,
>       historically,

RFC0164 is not the earliest:  I think that you may have read RFC 1000 
too quickly:

1c.  Meeting Notes and Minutes

          898 - Gateway Special Interest Group Meeting Notes
          .....
          316 - Data Management Working Group Meeting Report
          164, 131, 116, 108, 101, 082, 077, 066, 063, 037, 021 - Network
                Working Group Meeting

Yes, RFC0021 is the earliest and one of the shortest as well: a short 
1.5 pages.

> Network Working Group                                            V. 
> Cerf
> Request for Comments: 21                                            
> UCLA
>                                                         October 17, 
> 1969

However, the earliest minutes that are substantive and interesting are 
the minutes of the 3day NWG meeting at the Fall Joint Computing 
Conference (FJCC) Nov. 1970.  Intriguingly, two attendees took 
overlapping notes, and wrote two RFCs:  RFC0077 by Jon Postel and 
RFC0082 by Edwin Meyer.  These notes are a delightful "time machine" 
back to the very, very early days of designing Arpanet's  host-related 
protocols.

> Network Working Group                                          J. 
> Postel
> Request for Comments: 77                                            
> UCLA
> NIC 5604                                                20 November 
> 1970

> Network Working Group                               Edwin W. Meyer, Jr.
> Request for Comments #82                                MIT Project MAC
> Network Information Center #5619                        December9, 1970

Thanks, Chris

Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan
([email-masked])
Contact info:  www.cs.utexas.edu/~chris/

_______________________________________________
INDEPENDENT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/independent