Subject: [Insipid] FW: New Version Notification for draft-jones-insipid-session-id-02.txt

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:52:13 -0500

Folks,

We prepared a new version of the text.  You'll note errors that say "Error! Reference source not found."  I apologize for that.  Word goofed and I didn't catch it.  I'll correct that when we publish the next revision.

We tried to incorporate all of the comments received during and since the last meeting.

Please read over the draft and if there is something missing or other issues we should address in a new version before the Monday deadline, please let us.

Paul

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:45 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: New Version Notification for draft-jones-insipid-session-id-
> 02.txt
> 
> 
> A new version of I-D, draft-jones-insipid-session-id-02.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Paul E. Jones and posted to the IETF
> repository.
> 
> Filename:	 draft-jones-insipid-session-id
> Revision:	 02
> Title:		 End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based
> Multimedia Communication Networks
> Creation date:	 2013-02-20
> Group:		 Individual Submission
> Number of pages: 19
> URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-
> insipid-session-id-02.txt
> Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jones-insipid-
> session-id
> Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-insipid-session-
> id-02
> Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jones-insipid-
> session-id-02
> 
> Abstract:
>    This document describes an end-to-end Session Identifier for use in
>    IP-based Multimedia Communication systems that enables endpoints,
>    intermediate devices, and management systems to identify a session
>    end-to-end, associate multiple endpoints with a given multipoint
>    conference, track communication sessions when they are redirected,
>    and associate one or more media flows with a given communication
>    session.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> The IETF Secretariat

---

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:14:10 -0600

INSIPID

Here are the changes we've made from the -01 to -02 versions of this draft:

- we changed the ABNF, including the "remote=" parameter which is 
always the UUID of the remote endpoint.

- clarified where appropriate when a call flow starts the a 
communications session already exchanging RTP packets, that it was 
set-up with the call flow in s9.1 whcih established the Session-ID 
for the communications session.

- clarified what purpose the reINVITEs have in each call flow that 
have reINVITEs.

- just for Mary (just kidding), we included the flows necessary to 
allow Cascading Conference Bridges by using the RFC 4579 defined 
Contact header parameter "isfocus" to identify a communications 
session between MCUs meant to exchange the same UUID that a single 
MCU would provide.

- changed in s10 (Compatibility with Previous versions) v0 and v1 to 
"old" and "new", because we don't have a version field in the 
Session-ID that would make this appropriate.

- Added a comment in the Security Cons section that this spec (or the 
Session-ID itself) MUST NOT be used for billing, but the authors 
failed to capture from Atlanta why that is a problem. Any help here 
(from someone that has any memories of why this was desired - speak up please!)

- we made minor corrections to nits

Comments and questions are welcome

James

At 04:52 PM 2/20/2013, Paul E. Jones wrote:
>Folks,
>
>We prepared a new version of the text.  You'll note errors that say 
>"Error! Reference source not found."  I apologize for that.  Word 
>goofed and I didn't catch it.  I'll correct that when we publish the 
>next revision.
>
>Please read over the draft and if there is something missing or 
>other issues we should address in a new version before the Monday 
>deadline, please let us.
>
>Paul
>
>_______________________________________________
>insipid mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/insipid