Subject: [Insipid] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:00:39 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Requirements for an End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks
    Author(s)     : P. Jones, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts
    Pages         : 12 
    Date          : Feb. 27, 2013 
    
   This document specifies the requirements for an end-to-end session
   identifier in IP-based multimedia communication networks.  This
   identifier would enable endpoints, intermediate devices, and
   management and monitoring systems to identify a session end-to-end
   across multiple SIP devices, hops, and administrative domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:33:42 -0500

Folks,

This is a slightly modified draft that makes an attempt to clarify further
what a Communication Session is.  We put the changes into the document in
response to some of Paul K's comments.  This may or may not be the approach
we want to take, but of course welcome comments.

Specifically, we added this text to Section 3:

To be clear, the following are
   examples of acceptable communication sessions:

     o A call directly between two user agents

     o A call between two user agents with one or more SBCs in the
       signaling path

     o A call between two user agents that was initiated using third-
       party call control (3PCC)

     o A call between two user agents (e.g., Alice and Carol) that
       results from a different communication session (e.g., Alice and
       Bob) wherein one of those user agents (Alice) is transferred to
       another user agent (Carol) using REFER or re-INVITE

   The following are not considered communication sessions:

     o A call between any two user agents wherein two or more user
       agents are engaged in a conference call via a conference focus

         o Each call between the user agent and the conference focus
           would be a communication session

         o Each communication session is a distinct communication
           session

     o A call between three user agents (e.g., Alice, Bob, and Carol)
       wherein the first user agent (Alice) ad hoc conferences the
       other two user agents (Bob and Carol)

         o The call between Alice and Bob would be one communication
           session

         o The call between Alice and Carol would be a different
           communication session

Paul

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:01 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Insipid] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-05.txt
> 
>     Title         : Requirements for an End-to-End Session
> Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:47:50 +0100

(As WG cochair)

We had some significant comments on the terminology definitions raised in Atlanta, i.e. that the requirements document needed to define certain concepts, and that it had done this.

I would like to ask the working group, and in particular those who commented in Atlanta, as to whether the current version addresses those comments or whether more work is required. 

Robert and Gonzalo in particular.

Suggestions for improvements will always be welcome.

Regards

Keith

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Paul E. Jones
> Sent: 27 February 2013 18:34
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Insipid] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-
> 05.txt
> 
> Folks,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> insipid mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/insipid