Subject: [Insipid] Technical changes for the draft-ietf-insipid-session-id

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:52:29 -0400

Folks,

The technical changes I have for the solution document include changes as
shown below:

Section 6

OLD
It should be noted that messages received by a UA might contain a "remote"
parameter that does match the UAs UUID.  This might happen as a result of
service interactions by intermediaries and MUST NOT be regarded as an error.

NEW
It should be noted that messages received by a UA might contain a "remote"
parameter that does match the UAs UUID.  This might happen as a result of
service interactions by intermediaries and MUST NOT negatively affect the
communication session.  However, the UA may log this event for the purposes
of troubleshooting.

OLD
... the UA MUST NOT change that UUID value for the duration of the session,
including when communication attempts are retried due to receipt of 4xx
messages, when the session is redirected in response to a 3xx message, or
when a session is transferred via a REFER message [7].

NEW
... the UA MUST NOT change that UUID value for the duration of the session,
including when communication attempts are retried due to receipt of 4xx
messages, when the session is redirected in response to a 3xx message, when
a session is transferred via a REFER message [8], or when a SIP dialog is
replace via an INVITE with Replaces [7].

There was discussion of changing the "sess-uuid" production, but I believe
it was decided in the meeting to leave it as it is in -00.

Was it decided to remove Section 9.6 or any other text?

Paul

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:53:20 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Paul E. Jones
> Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:52 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Insipid] Technical changes for the draft-ietf-insipid-session-id
> 
> Folks,
> 

Looks good, except I think you mean "does NOT match" instead of "does match".
 
> replace via an INVITE with Replaces [7].

Fine, but "replace" -> "replaced"

Cheers,
Charles

> _______________________________________________
> insipid mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/insipid

---

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:09:28 -0400

Charles,

> > parameter that does match the UAs UUID.  This might happen as a result
> > of service interactions by intermediaries and MUST NOT be regarded as
> > an error.
> >
> > NEW
> > parameter that does match the UAs UUID.  This might happen as a result
> > of service interactions by intermediaries and MUST NOT negatively
> > affect the communication session.  However, the UA may log this event
> > for the purposes of troubleshooting.
> 

Thanks for catching that!
 
> > OLD
> > ... the UA MUST NOT change that UUID value for the duration of the
> > session, including when communication attempts are retried due to
> > receipt of 4xx messages, when the session is redirected in response to
> > a 3xx message, or when a session is transferred via a REFER message
> [7].
> >
> > NEW
> > ... the UA MUST NOT change that UUID value for the duration of the
> > session, including when communication attempts are retried due to
> > receipt of 4xx messages, when the session is redirected in response to
> > a 3xx message, when a session is transferred via a REFER message [8],
> > or when a SIP dialog is replace via an INVITE with Replaces [7].
> 

Thanks, again! :-)

I corrected both errors in my draft.

Paul