Subject: [Insipid] Last Call: <draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-08.txt> (Requirements for an End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:40:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID
WG (insipid) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for an End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based
   Multimedia Communication Networks'
  <draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the requirements for an end-to-end session
   identifier in IP-based multimedia communication networks.  This
   identifier would enable endpoints, intermediate devices, and
   management and monitoring systems to identify a session end-to-end
   across multiple SIP devices, hops, and administrative domains.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1882/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1883/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1925/