Subject: [Insipid] Fw: I-D Action: draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-09.txt

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 09:17:07 +0000

INSIPID WG and Reviewers,

Please note that I posted the below revised requirements document.  I 
believe that all suggested changes are incorporated, with the exception 
of proposed changes related to security considerations from Vijay.  The 
WG had a few exchanges on the security consideration, but there wasn't 
strong support for a more complete threat analysis in this document.

So, I would like to invite the the INSIPID WG members to review this 
current draft and for the document reviewers to check to ensure that 
their comments were addressed to their satisfaction.

I will not have time this week to make additional revisions, but I'll 
make changes to the spec next week as required. If the text looks good, 
please let us know so that we can move the text forward.

Paul

------ Forwarded Message ------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: 11/4/2013 2:59:06 PM
Subject: [Insipid] I-D Action: 
draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-09.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
  This draft is a work item of the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID 
Working Group of the IETF.

  Title : Requirements for an End-to-End Session Identification in 
IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks
  Author(s) : Paul E. Jones
                           Gonzalo Salgueiro
                           James Polk
                           Laura Liess
                           Hadriel Kaplan
  Filename : draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-09.txt
  Pages : 12
  Date : 2013-11-04

Abstract:
    This document specifies the requirements for an end-to-end session
    identifier in IP-based multimedia communication networks. This
    identifier would enable endpoints, intermediate devices, and
    management and monitoring systems to identify a session end-to-end
    across multiple SIP devices, hops, and administrative domains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
insipid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/insipid

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 19:17:19 -0600

> strong support for a more complete threat analysis in this document.

Paul: No worries.  Thanks for entertaining me.  I have no further
comments on the draft.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web: http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/  | Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq