Subject: Re: [Insipid] Review of draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-02

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 14:59:11 -0600

On 01/06/2016 10:14 AM, Dawes, Peter, Vodafone Group wrote:
> Hello Vijay, Our requirements draft
> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs/ )
> for marking SIP sessions to be logged has received several reviews
> and comments and has been corrected and improved as a result. We
> think that yours is now the only review without confirmation that the
> issues raised are resolved. We appreciate that many IETF contributors
> are very busy and it was great that you found time to review the
> draft and post to the insipid list. 3GPP has a dependency on this
> logme marking functionality that is due to complete in February and
> it would help a lot if this requirements draft could be completed by
> then.
>
> Could we kindly ask you to check the following e-mails from the
> insipid exploder to see if your comments are covered: Your review:
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/insipid/lD_87m-plpvQ-gcv_QJdydhmnuA
> Our resolution of your comments:
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/insipid/6tlXJVDw3eFaUyuEM6OXf53_xYE

Peter, all: Thank you for pinging me on this one.

I am happy with the resolutions you proposed in
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/insipid/6tlXJVDw3eFaUyuEM6OXf53_xYE

In addition, I went quickly through version -04 and have one minor
comment:

1/ S1: Such debugging and tests might be confined to a single
    service provider but might also be needed for customers who have
    different service providers, including providers in different
    countries that are interconnected through networks belonging to one
    or more third parties.

  I don't like the use of "customers" in the above paragraph; after all,
  the customer will most likely not even know what SIP is.  The issue is
  that the debugging is initiated by the service provider to find a
  fault.

  Probably best to say that "Such debugging and tests might be confined
  to a single service provider or network may occur between the
  administrative domains of service providers, including providers in
  different countries that are interconnected through networks belonging
  to one or more third parties."

Cheers,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web: http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/  | Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq

---

From: "Arun Arunachalam (carunach)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 22:59:02 +0000

Thanks Vijay!

We will update the text to the following:

"Such debugging and tests might be confined to a single service provider or network,
may occur between the administrative domains of service providers, including 
providers in different countries that are interconnected through networks belonging
to one or more third parties.”

Arun