Subject: [Insipid] draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-07: comments

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 09:10:50 -0400

Hi,

The following are some comments concerning
draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-07.

Thanks,
Brett

------

1) Section 4 paragraph 1 indicates "Header fields MUST be logged in their
long form and not the compact form described in RFC 3261 [RFC3261] clause
7.3.3".  The mandate should potentially be downgraded to a SHOULD since
unable to comply when it is an unknown header.  For instance as new
headers as defined with a compact form, deployed devices become
non-compliant until upgraded or configured to know the compact/long form
of the header name.  If it matters (and the mandate makes it harder to
find the bug), the use of the compact form might be exposing a bug on the
particular device.

2) References to draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-12 should be updated to the
latest version of the draft.

---

From: "Arun Arunachalam (carunach)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:21:37 +0000

Thanks Brett !

We will incorporate your feedback in the next version.

Arun

> On Aug 25, 2016, at 9:10 AM, Brett Tate <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> insipid mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/insipid