Subject: [Int-area] Please Review draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-03.txt

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 11:15:45 -0800

The Internet ADs would like to solicit review for publication of this 
document as a Proposed Standard. 

Abstract

   When two hosts on the same link attempt to use the same IPv4 address
   at the same time (except in rare special cases where this has been
   arranged by prior coordination) problems ensue for one or both hosts.
   This document describes (i) a simple precaution that a host can take
   in advance to help prevent this misconfiguration from happening, and
   (ii) if this misconfiguration does occur, a simple mechanism by which
   a host can passively detect after-the-fact that it has happened, so
   that the host or administrator may respond to rectify the problem.

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:18:08 -0800

> document as a Proposed Standard.

FWIW, this document is not new, and I (as AD at the time, IIRC)
reviewed it for Proposed Standard, issued the Last Call and sent it to
the IESG. There were some discuss comments, and although (I thought)
agreement had been reached on how to address the issues that had been
raised, we somehow never got this done and finished.

Although I haven't read this version and can't speak to it directly, I
thought at the time that the document was a good piece of work and was
disappointed that it never got published.

I'd like to see it go forward.

So please review this document!

Thomas