Subject: [Int-area] announcing DNS64-NAT64 opensource implementations

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 16:04:32 -0500

<sorry for cross-posting/>

This is to announce the availability of two NAT64-DNS64 open-source
implementations by Viagenie, as follows:

======
NAT64
======
BSD PF:
  this implementation of NAT64 is made by modifying the PF packet filter
available on BSD systems. A new 'nat64' statement is created in the
pf.conf file to enable the nat64 functionality.

Linux Netfilter:
The implementation of NAT64 for linux is available as a kernel module.
It uses Netfilter's facilities for packet interception.  The
configuration is done with parameters provided at module insertion.

======
DNS64
======
As announced in july 2009 during IETF Stockholm, the companion DNS64
functionality is also available in two implementations, as follows:

BIND:
  this implementation of DNS64 is made by modifying the BIND DNS server.
A new "dns64-prefix" statement in options is created in the named.conf
file to enable DNS64 functionality.

Unbound:
  this implementation of DNS64 is made by adding a module to the Unbound
DNS server. To enable the DNS64 functionality, the module should be
declared and the dns64-prefix statement should be added in the
unbound.conf file.

The two functionalities (NAT64 and DNS64) make a complete system for
translating IPv6-IPv4 packets. The source code, some pre-compiled
packages and project description are available at:
http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca.

This project was funded by NLNet foundation
and Viagenie.

We are looking for feedback, patches, suggestions from the community.

http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca

Regards,

Marc Blanchet, Simon Perreault, Jean-Philippe Dionne
Viagenie