Subject: [Int-area] WG Action: Internet Area Working Group (intarea)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:03:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new IETF working group has been formed in the Internet Area.  For
additional information, please contact the Area Directors or the WG
Chairs.

Internet Area Working Group (intarea)
---------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Proposed Working Group
Last modified: 2010-03-23

Chairs:
Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>

Internet Area (int) Directors:
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>

Internet Area Advisor:
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
Subscribe online at: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

Description of Working Group:

The Internet Area Working Group (INTAREA WG) acts primarily as a forum
for discussing far-ranging topics that affect the entire area. Such
topics include, for instance, address space issues, basic IP layer
functionality, and architectural questions. The group also serves as a
forum to distribute information about ongoing activities in the area,
create a shared understanding of the challenges and goals for the area,
and to enable coordination.

The Internet Area receives occasional proposals for the development and
publication of RFCs that are not in scope of an existing working group
and do not justify the formation of a new working group. The INTAREA WG
has a secondary role to serve as the forum for developing such work
items in the IETF. The working group milestones are updated as needed
to reflect the current work items and their associated milestones.

New work must satisfy the following conditions:

(1) WG consensus on the relevance for the Internet at large.

(2) WG consensus on the suitability and projected quality of the
proposed work item.

(3) A core group of WG participants with sufficient energy and
expertise to advance the work item according to the proposed
schedule.

(4) Commitment from the WG as a whole to provide sufficient
and timely review of the proposed work item.

(5) Agreement by the ADs, who, depending on the scope of the proposed
work item, may decide that an IESG review is needed first.

Milestones:

May 2010 Submission of IPID document to the IESG as PS
Aug 2010 Submission of tunneling issues document to the IESG as Info
Aug 2010 Submission of tunneling security issues document to the IESG as 
         Info