Subject: [Int-area] [v4tov6transition] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-jankiewicz-v6ops-v4v6biblio-01

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:22:42 -0400

Circulating again for comment and additions.  While plumped up a bit, it 
is still skeletal, but it seemed like time to take another checkpoint.  
This is intended to be a common ground reference for the review and 
discussion of the RFCs, drafts and outside references around the topics 
of IPv6 transition and coexistence.  This is an open-ended task as the 
landscape keeps changing.   I hope it saves some folks some time finding 
all the same context.

I have asked to be on the v6ops agenda for a very brief presentation on 
this, essentially just the background/motivation and to ask for opinions 
on the future disposition.  This could be a one-time info publication, 
or form the basis for some evolving wiki on the subject.

One thing I did was change all references to drafts to eliminate the 
posting date and use the dynamic link like 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jankiewicz-v6ops-v4v6biblio which 
points to the current version, rather than 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jankiewicz-v6ops-v4v6biblio-01 except 
for expired drafts on which I left the posting date and the stable link.

I should have caught all the references that folks suggested but please 
e-mail me directly (off lists) with any 
oversights/additions/deletions/corrections to citations, and especially 
if you would like to add any explanatory text.  Depending on responses 
before the draft update cutoff (10/25) I'll try to update one more time 
before the meeting.

thx
edj

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-jankiewicz-v6ops-v4v6biblio-01
Date: 	Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:13:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-jankiewicz-v6ops-v4v6biblio-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Edward Jankiewicz and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-jankiewicz-v6ops-v4v6biblio
Revision:	 01
Title:		 An Annotated Bibliography for IPv4-IPv6 Transition and Coexistence
Creation_date:	 2010-10-05
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
The Internet is in the early stages of what may be a protracted
period of coexistence of IPv4 and IPv6.  Network operators are
challenged with the task of activating IPv6 without negative impact
on operating IPv4 networks and their customers.  This draft is an
informational "annotated bibliography" compiled to help in the
analysis and development of basic guidelines and recommendations for
network operators.  The goal of this document is to survey the
current state of RFCs, Internet-Drafts and external reference
materials that define the use cases, problem statements, protocols,
transition mechanisms and coexistence tools that will be of interest
to a network operator planning to turn on IPv6.

The IETF Secretariat.