Subject: [Int-area] I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:02:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Internet Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 Support Required for all IP-capable nodes
	Author(s)       : Wesley George
                          Chris Donley
                          Christopher Liljenstolpe
                          Lee Howard
	Filename        : draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-06-17

   Given the global lack of available IPv4 space, and limitations in
   IPv4 extension and transition technologies, this document deprecates
   the concept that an IP-capable node MAY support IPv4 _only_, and
   redefines an IP-capable node as one which supports either IPv6 _only_
   or IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack.  This document updates RFC1812, RFC1122 and
   RFC4084 to reflect the change in requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-00.txt