Subject: [Int-area] Last Call: <draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis-05.txt> (Analysis of Solution Candidates to Reveal a Host Identifier (HOST_ID) in Shared Address Deployments) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:06:42 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Area Working Group WG
(intarea) to consider the following document:
- 'Analysis of Solution Candidates to Reveal a Host Identifier (HOST_ID)
   in Shared Address Deployments'
  <draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-03-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document is a collection of solutions to reveal a host
   identifier (denoted as HOST_ID) when a Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) or
   application proxies are involved in the path.  This host identifier
   is used by a remote server to sort out the packets by sending host.
   The host identifier must be unique to each host under the same shared
   IP address.

   This document analyzes a set of solution candidates to reveal a host
   identifier; no recommendation is sketched in the document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.