Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: CfPs: IoT/CPS-Security Workshop (Final Deadline: 31 January)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 00:53:24 +0200

*Apologies for receiving multiple copies -Please circulate this CFP among
your colleagues and students*

Call for Papers:  *EXTENDED DEADLINE!*

********************************************************************************************
IoT/CPS-Security 2015

The First IEEE International Workshop on
Security and Privacy for Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems
http://conta.uom.gr/IoTCPSsecurity2015/cfp.html
Organized in conjunction with
IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2015)
<http://icc2015.ieee-icc.org/>
http://icc2015.ieee-icc.org/
8-12 June 2015, London, UK
********************************************************************************************

Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society

-----------------------------------------------
NEW DATES
-----------------------------------------------

Paper Submission Deadline: *31 January, 2015  (EXTENDED)*
Author Notification: *1 March, 2015 ** (EXTENDED)*
Camera Ready Manuscript: *15 March, 2015 ** (EXTENDED)*
Workshop Date: *8 June, 2015*

-----------------------------------------------

More Information
-----------------------------------------------

http://conta.uom.gr/IoTCPSsecurity2015/

-----------------------------------------------
Scope
-----------------------------------------------
Recent advances in networking, communications, computation, software, and
hardware technologies have revolutionized the way humans, smart things, and
engineered systems interact and exchange information.  The Internet of
Things (IoT) and Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS), which are the major
contributors in this area, will fuel the realization of this new, globally
interconnected cyber-world.  Yet, the success, prosperity, and advancement
of IoT and CPS strongly depend on the security, privacy, and trust of the
IoT and cyber-physical devices as well as the sensitive data being
exchanged.  While these technologies offer a lot of new possibilities, the
increasing complexity of hardware and software as well as the worldwide
access increase the vulnerability to security attacks  Successful attacks
targeted to IoT devices and CPS have in common that not only a single
computer is affected, but also interconnected technical systems allowing
interaction with the physical world are influenced, leading to malfunction
of devices and control systems with severe financial, environmental, and
health losses. This fact highlights the need to develop novel tools that
will constitute the heart of a much-needed science of security for IoT &
CPS. The goal of this workshop is to bring together internationally leading
academic and industrial researchers in an effort to identify and discuss
the major technical challenges and recent results aimed at addressing all
aspects of security and privacy for IoT and CPS.

-----------------------------------------------
Topics of Interest
-----------------------------------------------
To ensure complete coverage of the advances in this field, the 2015
IoT/CPS-Security Workshop solicits original contributions in, but not
limited to, the following topical areas:

   - Security, Privacy, and Trust for IoT and CPS
   - Secure IoT and CPS architectures
   - Detecting and preventing attacks in IoT devices and CPS
   - Security in Machine-to-Machine (M2M) systems
   - Evaluation of Threats, Attacks, and Risks in IoT and cyber-physical
   devices
   - Data Security and Privacy in the IoT
   - Game Theory for IoT and CPS Security
   - Security and Privacy in IoT RFID, sensors, actuator technologies,
   applications and services
   - Security in Smart Grids and Smart Spaces
   - Network-distributed sensor processing for security solutions in CPS
   - Test-bed and performance metrics of security solutions in CPS
   - Deployment and performance studies of secure CPS
   - Secure Network Control Systems for CPS applications
   - Architectures for secure hardware/software CPS

-----------------------------------------------
Submission Procedure
-----------------------------------------------
The workshop accepts only novel, previously unpublished papers. All
submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of six
(6) printed pages (10-point font) including figures without incurring
additional charges, and must be formatted in strict accordance with the
IEEE Communication Society author guidelines. For more information please
visit the following URL:
http://icc2015.ieee-icc.org/content/authors-guidelines.

The EDAS link for submission is:
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=18701&track=66317

-----------------------------------------------
Organizing Committee
-----------------------------------------------

*General Co-Chairs:*
Anastasios A. Economides (Univ. of Macedonia, Greece)
Minho Jo (Korea University, South Korea)
Houbing Song (West Virginia University, USA)
Daqiang Zhang (Tongji University, China)

*Technical Program Co-Chairs:*
Eirini Karapistoli (Univ. of Western Macedonia, Greece)
Vasilis Friderikos (King's College London, UK)
Joao Paulo Miranda (CPqD, Brazil)
Dev Audsin (Orange, UK)
Krishna Kumar Venkatasubramanian (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA)
Jianguo Ding (University of Skovde, Sweden)

*Publicity Co-Chairs:*
Qinghe Du (Xi'an Jiaotong Univ., China)
Heath LeBlanc (Ohio Northern University, USA)
Eirini Karapistoli (Univ. of Western Macedonia, Greece)

-- 

Prof. Anastasios A. Economides
http://users.uom.gr/~economid/