Subject: [Int-area] "On Firewalls in Internet Security" (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-00.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 22:04:39 -0300

Folks,

We have published an I-D entitled "On Firewalls in Internet Security".
The I-D is available at:
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-00.txt>.

Our I-D covers a broad range of topics (ranging from operations to
internet and transport area topics) -- hence the crosspost of this
announcement to multiple mailing-lists.

While we (co-authors) are subscribed to most of the lists to which this
announcement is being crossposted, we expect (for the sake of unifying
the discussion in a single place) the discussion to happen in the
[email-masked] mailing-list.

Your feedback will be very welcome.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-00.txt
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 17:49:41 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Paul E. Hoffman <[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont
<[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Fred
Baker <[email-masked]>, Fred Baker <[email-masked]>, Paul Hoffman
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis
Revision:	00
Title:		On Firewalls in Internet Security
Document date:	2015-09-15
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		17
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsawg-firewalls-analysis-00

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the role of firewalls in Internet security,
   and suggests a line of reasoning about their usage.  It analyzes
   common kinds of firewalls and the claims made for them.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat