Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-nvo3-gue-04.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 17:04:48 -0700

Hello,

We've posted a new version of GUE. This version contains changes based
on the detailed review of GUE by Adrian Farrel for the Routing
Directorate.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 4:50 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-nvo3-gue-04.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>, Lucy Yong
<[email-masked]>, Osama Zia <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-nvo3-gue-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-nvo3-gue
Revision:       04
Title:          Generic UDP Encapsulation
Document date:  2016-07-06
Group:          nvo3
Pages:          31
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nvo3-gue-04.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-gue/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-gue-04
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-gue-04

Abstract:
   This specification describes Generic UDP Encapsulation (GUE), which
   is a scheme for using UDP to encapsulate packets of arbitrary IP
   protocols for transport across layer 3 networks. By encapsulating
   packets in UDP, specialized capabilities in networking hardware for
   efficient handling of UDP packets can be leveraged. GUE specifies
   basic encapsulation methods upon which higher level constructs, such
   tunnels and overlay networks for network virtualization, can be
   constructed. GUE is extensible by allowing optional data fields as
   part of the encapsulation, and is generic in that it can encapsulate
   packets of various IP protocols.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat