Subject: [Int-area] I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-gue-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 11:07:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Generic UDP Encapsulation
        Authors         : Tom Herbert
                          Lucy Yong
                          Osama Zia
	Filename        : draft-ietf-intarea-gue-05.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2017-12-30

Abstract:
   This specification describes Generic UDP Encapsulation (GUE), which
   is a scheme for using UDP to encapsulate packets of different IP
   protocols for transport across layer 3 networks. By encapsulating
   packets in UDP, specialized capabilities in networking hardware for
   efficient handling of UDP packets can be leveraged. GUE specifies
   basic encapsulation methods upon which higher level constructs, such
   as tunnels and overlay networks for network virtualization, can be
   constructed. GUE is extensible by allowing optional data fields as
   part of the encapsulation, and is generic in that it can encapsulate
   packets of various IP protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-gue/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-intarea-gue-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-intarea-gue-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-intarea-gue-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 11:14:49 -0800

Hello,

I posted an update to the GUE draft. The major change is to rename GUE
"version" field to be GUE "variant" field in order to reflect the fact
that this field can be used to indicate either version or an alternate
form of a version. This is to address Joe Touch's concern that
increasing version numbers imply succession of earlier forms of a
protocol.

Happy New Year!
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:07 AM
Subject: [Int-area] I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-gue-05.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area