Subject: [Int-area] draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health: what about FORCERENEW?

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 23:59:21 +0200

Hi,

I've just watched Richard's presentation about DHCP health, and I'm
wondering whether at least the planned maintenance use case couldn't be
solved much more simply and elegantly by FORCERENEW (RFC 3203 + RFC 6704).
At the very least, I'd like to see it mentioned in the draft.

Thanks,

-- Juliusz

---

From: Richard Patterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 09:58:27 -0400

Hi Juliusz,

The third bullet point of Section 2, Alternative Mitigations, already
mentions DHCPv4 Force Renew, and DHCPv6 Reconfigure.
In my personal experience, I'm yet to find a BNG or CPE that supports
them, but otherwise I do agree, they could be used to mitigate
downtime during planned maintenance.

-Richard
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 at 17:59, Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Int-area mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area