Subject: [Int-area] Intdir early review of draft-ietf-intarea-gue-06

From: Charles Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 19:00:47 -0800

Reviewer: Charles Perkins
Review result: Almost Ready

This document needs an applicability statement which includes the assumptions
and the reasons it might be useful.  Deliverability needs to be expanded. 
Reasons why middleboxes would be unlikely inspect GUE fields might be included.

For instance, the discussion in second paragraph of 5.11.1 belongs in the
applicability statement.

It should also be explained why arbitrary GUE extensions are less likely to be
filtered out compared to IPv6 destination options.
============================================== The document assumes close
familiarity with deployment scenarios that seem to be characterized by acronyms
such as RSS, aRFS, TSO, LRO, etc.  While I am pretty familiar with a lot of
encapsulation techniques, I had to study the meaning of these acronyms.  If it
is intended to effectively restrict the intended audience, that is O.K., but
otherwise more background is needed along with relevant citations.
============================================== [GUEEXTENS] is cited in a way
that places a normative dependency on [GUEEXTENS].  So, [GUEEXTENS] belongs in
the Normative References. ============================================== I have
a large number of specific comments which I will post shortly in the form of a
rfcdiff-generated file.