Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-06.txt

From: Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:24:52 +0200

Hi,

We've submitted revision -06 of the SOCKS v6 draft.

The most notable addition is support for SOCKS sessions. This feature 
came about for a number of reasons:

  * Two or more clients using the same credentials can now take 
advantage of idempotence options without having to coordinate token 
expenditure among themselves.

  * Unauthenticated clients can also take advantage of idempotence and 
listen backlog options.

  * Tor clients currently make nonstandard use of username/password 
authentication in order to tell the proxy which circuit to use for a 
given connection. SOCKS sessions seem like an elegant way to do circuit 
selection.

Cheers,

Vlad

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-06.txt
Date: 	Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:44:35 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>, Dragos Niculescu 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Vladimir Olteanu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Revision: 06
Title: SOCKS Protocol Version 6
Document date: 2019-03-11
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 36
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-06.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-06
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-06

Abstract:
The SOCKS protocol is used primarily to proxy TCP connections to
arbitrary destinations via the use of a proxy server. Under the
latest version of the protocol (version 5), it takes 2 RTTs (or 3, if
authentication is used) before data can flow between the client and
the server.

This memo proposes SOCKS version 6, which reduces the number of RTTs
used, takes full advantage of TCP Fast Open, and adds support for
0-RTT authentication.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat