Subject: [Int-area] An extension to PROBE [RFC8335] diagnostic tool

From: Manoj Nayak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 05:39:05 +0000

Folks,

We have posted 02 version of the draft “Probing IP Interfaces By Vendor Specific Identifiers”.
This draft is extension to  PROBE [RFC8335] diagnostic tool. The tool is extended so that the
tool can identify the probed interface by Vendor Specific Identifiers , i.e Virtual Function
Index (VFI) [SR-IOV].

This version of the draft has taken care of  review comments provided for 01 version of the draft.

Our draft is available at:

 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nayak-intarea-probe-by-vfi/

The Abstract is:

  This document enhances the PROBE diagnostic tool so that it can

   identify the probed interface by Vendor Specific Identifiers.

   In order to achieve that goal, this document also extends the

   Interface Identification Object.  The Interface Identification

   Object is an ICMP Extension Object class.

Any comments will be welcome.

Thanks!

Cheers,
--
Manoj Nayak
Juniper Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]