Subject: [Int-dir] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 22:22:18 -0500

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for
draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6. These comments were written primarily for
the benefit of the Internet Area Directors. Document editors and
shepherd(s) should treat these comments just like they would treat
comments from any other IETF contributors and resolve them along with
any other Last Call comments that have been received. For more details
on the INT Directorate, see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/.

Reviewer: Donald Eastlake, III
Review Result: Ready with non-technical issues

The draft looks good technically, but:

Issues
-----

Section 4: Does the IETF allow direct references into github in the
main body of a standards track RFC? Looks like all the comparison code
is in the Appendix. Can the github reference at least be moved to the
Appendix?

Section 11.2: As far as I know, there are only normative and
informational references, not "URIs" references.

Editorial
---------

Section 1, 1st sentence: "to be also capable of supporting" -> "to
also support"

Section 1, 2nd sentence:
OLD
   This document analyzes the differences of IPv6 [RFC8200] flows
   description from those of traditional IPv4 packets and propose a
   subset of new Border Gateway Protocol [RFC4271] encoding formats to
   enable Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules
   [I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis] for IPv6.
NEW
   This document analyzes the differences between describing IPv6
   [RFC8200] flows and those of traditional IPv4 packets. It specifies
   new Border Gateway Protocol [RFC4271] encoding formats to enable
   Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules [I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis]
   for IPv6.

There are some other minor editorial things like plural/singular
forms but I assume the RFC Editor will fix those.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Christoph Loibl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 15:33:11 +0100

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your review and comments. See my comments inline. I also attached a updated document that contains changes resulting from your comments.

Since the draft submission is closed now I will ask Alvaro to publish the changed document today.

Cheers Christoph

> informational references, not "URIs" references.

This is exactly the same as in rfc5575bis which has been edited by rfc-editors, I think we can leave this for rfc-editors. I see they somehow removed this reference.

> ## Editorial

Edited as suggested.

> Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules [I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis]

Also edited as suggested.

> forms but I assume the RFC Editor will fix those.

Thanks for the comments.

-- 
Christoph Loibl
[email-masked] | CL8-RIPE | PGP-Key-ID: 0x4B2C0055 | http://www.nextlayer.at

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 14:01:39 +0000

Donald,

Thank you for your INT directorate review, it did not appear in the data tracker so I did not see it before the IESG ballot, but, as you may have seen I put it back on track with the authors

Regards

-éric

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, 2 November 2020 at 04:22
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6

Issues
-----

Editorial
---------

Section 1, 2nd sentence:
OLD

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>