Subject: [iola-wgcharter-tool] Testing of WG (Re-)Chartering, take 2

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:58:14 +0200

Hi people!

A new version of the charter tool is ready for test:

http://ietf.beta.iola.dk:10003/wg/chartering/

This is running on a snapsnot of the live database (from last week),
migrated to work with the charter changes.

Compared to the previous test version of the charter tool, there's
been some pretty dramatic changes to allow us to reuse the I-D
machinery across more document types and cut down on duplicate code,
so I'd really appreciate if people would try it out and report back
whether it all makes sense.

You can set a cookie with your email address at

http://ietf.beta.iola.dk:10003/accounts/testemail/

to get the email sent by the test server (otherwise it's discarded).
The server is running as a Secretariat user so you can go through all
steps - compared to running it as AD you get an "approve charter" link
and you can go in and set the ballot positions of all ADs.

Changes compared to what's live right now:

- WGs get a single charter document associated which behaves somewhat
like an I-D in that it has history, ballots, is telechattable (in the
appropriate section of the agenda), etc.

- For a (re)chartering WG, this document is in a review state - it'll
have a revision like 01-00 or 01-01 rather than an approved 01, 02
etc. revision.

- For a rechartering WG, the WG page keeps showing the latest approved
version until the new charter is approved (by looking it up in the
charter document history).

- When the charter changes state to "Internal review", a ballot is
created (you get asked whether it should ask for skipping external
review) and you can issue it as with I-Ds. Similarly a new ballot is
created when entering "IESG review".

- WG Actions page is gone, instead "Chartering WGs" in the left menu
leads to an overview page with charters in the review process.

- "Chartering WGs" page has a link to chartering a new WG at the top.

- When chartering a new WG, you get asked some basic questions, then
end up on the charter document for the new WG. Afterwards the WG
metadata can be edited on the WG page /wg/<acronym>/charter/ through
the "Edit WG" link in the right-most box.

- WGs have a history page with a record of WG changes - this is
actually live now, but not really useful until the charter tool lands.

Ole