Subject: (ION) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ion-scsp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 09:50:19 -0500

Note:  This announcement is being re-sent with a correction made
       in the order of authorship.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Server Cache Synchronization Protocol (SCSP)
	Author(s)	: J. Luciani, G. Armitage, J. Halpern
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ion-scsp-03.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 24-Dec-97
	
   This document describes the Server Cache Synchronization Protocol
   (SCSP) and is written in terms of SCSP's use within Non Broadcast
   Multiple Access (NBMA) networks; although, a somewhat straight
   forward usage is applicable to BMA networks.  SCSP attempts to solve
   the generalized cache synchronization/cache-replication problem for
   distributed protocol entities.  However, in this document, SCSP is
   couched in terms of the client/server paradigm in which distributed
   server entities, which are bound to a Server Group (SG) through some
   means, wish to synchronize the contents (or a portion thereof) of
   their caches which contain information about the state of clients
   being served.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ion-scsp-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-scsp-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-scsp-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.