Subject: IPP> TES Print test across the Internet

From: "Zehler, Peter " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 10:17:14 PDT

All,
   A couple of individuals participated in a simple IPP test across the
Internet.  After resolving a proxy problem on the client side, a simple
print job was sent.  The test was a success.  A trace has been posted in the
TES traces directory.  Subsequent operations were attempted.  The
requests/responses were sent and received successfully.  However the
operations were not yet supported on the printer side and only a dummy
response was returned.  (these were not posted to the trace directory).  
   Plans to try the operations in the reverse direction could not occur due
to problems logging into an ISP.  The problems could have been avoided if
one of the individuals would have access to the T1 link that has been
promised him for about 4 months.  (It will be up when the individual returns
from the Portland meeting....yeah...sure)

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Networked Products Business Unit
Email: [email-masked]
Voice:    (716) 265-8755
FAX:      (716) 265-8792 
US Mail: Peter Zehler
	        Xerox Corp.
	        800 Phillips Rd.
	        M/S 111-02J
	        Webster NY, 14580-9701