Subject: RFC 1293 (Inverse ARP) and RFC 1490 (Multiprotocol over FR) implementation and interoperability experience

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:24:32 -0500

As I said in the WG meeting yesterday, I am resending this call for RFC
1293 and 1490 experience.  If you've already replied, thank you!!!
However, we did not receive very many responses, and it only covered a very
small fraction of the implementations that we know are out there.

These reports are essential, so PLEASE send them in!  If you're not the
right person in your organization, then please forward it.

Thanks much,
Andy

-------

As a part of forwarding RFCs 1293 (Inverse ARP) and RFC 1490
(Multiprotocol over FR) along the IETF standards track, we have to
collect implementation and interoperability experience to report to the
IESG.

Since these have been fairly widely implemented (with 1490 being the
major part of FRF 3.1 as well), I expect to get a lot of email.  It
would greatly help me to collate this if you just filled in the form
below.

Please send replies ONLY to me, not to the list!!!!!!

Thanks much,
Andy

-------

To: [email-masked] ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Name:

2. Organization:

3. Privacy requirement - please choose one option:

---  This is public information, OK to quote

---  Please hide the organization name ("XYZ reports ...")

---  Only include in summary counts ("18 implementations do not include
     feature x").

4. Fill in if you have implemented RFC 1293 (Inverse ARP):

4a. Is your implementation:

___ Complete?

___ Or did you leave anything out?

4b. If so, what did you leave out?

4c. To your knowledge, which other implemenations have you
    interoperated with?

5. Fill in if you have implemented RFC 1490 (Multiprotocol
Interconnect over Frame Relay):

5a. Is your implementation:

___ Complete?

___ Or did you leave anything out?

5b. If so, what did you leave out?

5c. To your knowledge, which other implemenations have you
interoperated with?

Thanks!!!!!!  This information will help us progress these along the
standards track.

Andy
as ION WG co-chair

________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414   fax:978 392-1484
Ascend Communications, Inc.        1 Robbins Road     Westford, MA 01886