Subject: (ION) GIT/UUS ID update

From: Muneyoshi Suzuki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 15:37:42 +0900

Dear,

I submitted the following Internet Draft. This is an updated version
of draft-suzuki-git-uus-assignment-00.txt which was discussed at 
ION WG in the last IETF meeting. 

In the ITU-T SG11 WP1 Kochi meeting held in January 1998, WP1 decided
to discuss B-ISDN signalling support for the Internet protocol based
on this Internet Draft.  In the next ITU-T SG11 Geneva meeting
that will hold in May 1998, WP1 may decide to enhance the B-ISDN
signaling protocol based on this draft.  If SG11 WP1 agrees on the
technical aspects and develop the Awaiting-review text (initial
draft) in the May 1998 meeting, expected standard development process
(fastest case) after this meeting is:

November 1998: Enhance the Awaiting-review text based on inputs and
  develop the Cooling text (Draft Recommendations to be frozen in the
  next meeting, if no significant technical changes are proposed in
  that meeting).

March 1999: Freeze the Draft Recommendations and letter ballot is
  requested.

February 2000: The Draft Recommendations are decided (final
  approval).

To enable advanced B-ISDN signaling support for the Internet protocol
promptly, liaison from IETF to ITU-T SG11 WP1 is highly appreciated.
If you have comments, suggestions, and/or questions about this draft,
please tell it on this ML or get in touch with me.

Best Regards,

M.Suzuki
NTT Multimedia Net. Labs.

------- Forwarded Message

Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-suzuki-git-uus-assignment-01.txt
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:33:03 -0500
Sender: [email-masked]

- --NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Assignment of the Information Field and
			  Protocol Identifier in the Q.2941 Generic
			  Identifier and Q.2957 User-to-user Signaling
			  for the Internet Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Suzuki
	Filename	: draft-suzuki-git-uus-assignment-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 18-Feb-98
	
The purpose of this document is to specify the assignment of the information field and protocol identifier in the Q.2941 Generic Ientifier and Q.2957 User-to-user Signaling for the Internet protocol.

The assignment, that is specified in section 4 of this document, is designed for advanced B-ISDN signaling support of the Internet protocol, especially the B-ISDN signaling support for the connection that corresponds to the session in the Internet protocol which is clarified in section 2.  This specification provides an indispensable framework for the implementation of long-live session and QoS-sensitive session transfers over ATM.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-suzuki-git-uus-assignment-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-suzuki-git-uus-assignment-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-suzuki-git-uus-assignment-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-suzuki-git-uus-assignment-01.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-suzuki-git-uus-assignment-01.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--

------- End of Forwarded Message

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.