Subject: (ION) Re: Predictive Handoff

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 17:14:57 -0500 (EST)

Steve,

That really isn't relevant for the ion list, so I'm not going to
forward it.  However, it may be of great interest to the ATM Forum
Wireless working group.

Regards,
Andy
________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414   fax:978 392-1484
Ascend Communications, Inc.        1 Robbins Road     Westford, MA 01886

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: Albert Manfredi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 17:58:46 -0500

> forward it.  However, it may be of great interest to the ATM Forum

Hmm. Is this up for discussion?

1. How does one subscribe to the ATM Forum's Wireless Working Group
(I think it must be one of those company membership groups, which I
might be able to find my way into by contacting the proper people
here, if I can find them)?

2. Isn't it at least arguable whether or not wireless ATM issues
apply to ION? Why wouldn't they apply, since they deal with ATM and
(potentially) IP?

Thanks for any insight. Also, thanks for not deleting my two posts
on this subject.

Bert
[email-masked]
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 08:28:17 -0500 (EST)

Bert,

> Hmm. Is this up for discussion?

Sorry about that.  The original message was one that would have been of
interest to people working on wireless ATM, but had nothing to do at
all with the ion wg's agenda.  I replied too quickly, and forgot to
remove ion from the cc: list.

> here, if I can find them)?

You have to work for a member company, which I believe you do.  You
should first ask your internal postmasters if they redistribute the ATM
Forum lists, and if not, send email to [email-masked] to subscribe
(they use a manual process).  The Forum can tell you who your company
contact is if you are having a hard time finding this out internally.

> apply to ION? Why wouldn't they apply, since they deal with ATM and

Nope, there was no IP content whatsoever - this was internal ATM layer
only.  The ion protocols don't care what physical media is used to
carry the cells.

> Thanks for any insight. Also, thanks for not deleting my two posts

I only have to approve messages that are sent from nonsubscribers -
that way I get to filter out the spam (and you have, thankfully, no
idea how much spam has been filtered from the list!).  Email from list
subscribers, such as yourself, is automatically redistributed.

Cheers,
Andy