Subject: (ION) <draft-ietf-ion-mib-05.txt> Review

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 98 10:26:29 EST

I have received a very detailed review of the IPOA-MIB privately.
Most of the comments where editorial in nature. It was pointed
out that the name of some of the IPOA-MIB objects did not follow
the appropriate convention. There was also a problem with the OIDs
associated with the NOTIFICATIONS in the MIB:

 1. Changed the name of ipoaLisIfMappingStatus to
    ipoaLisIfMappingRowStatus.

    All of the other RowStatus objects have 'RowStatus' as the end
    of their name. I made this change so that they would all be
    consistent.
 2. Inserted an '0.' in the OIDs for the four NOTIFICATIONS:

    - ipoaMtuExceeded
    - ipoaDuplicateIpAddress
    - ipoaLisCreate
    - ipoaLisDelete

    This was done to fix a RFC 1902 violation that was pointed
    out. This is an absolutely required change. The next to last
    arc in a NOTIFICATION should be 0 as per RFC 1902. More
    importantly some subagent interface require this. In other
    words, you may not be able to write the code that generates
    the NOTIFICATION with out this.
 3. Section 3.1 of RFC 1902 states that "by convention, if the
    description refers to an object with an SYNTAX clause value
    of either Counter32 Counter64, then the descriptor used for the
    object should denote plurality."  This resulted in the following
    object name changes:
    - ipoaArpClientInArpReqsIn         to ipoaArpClientInArpInReqs
    - ipoaArpClientInArpReqsOut        to ipoaArpClientInArpOutReqs
    - ipoaArpClientInArpRepliesIn      to ipoaArpClientInArpInReplies
    - ipoaArpClientInArpRepliesOut     to ipoaArpClientInArpOutReplies
    - ipoaArpClientInArpInvalidReqsIn  to ipoaArpClientInArpInvalidInReqs
    - ipoaArpClientInArpInvalidReqsOut to ipoaArpClientInArpInvalidOutReqs
    - ipoaArpClientArpReqsIn           to ipoaArpClientArpInReqs
    - ipoaArpClientArpReqsOut          to ipoaArpClientArpOutReqs
    - ipoaArpClientArpRepliesIn        to ipoaArpClientArpInReplies
    - ipoaArpClientArpRepliesOut       to ipoaArpClientArpOutReplies
    - ipoaArpClientArpNaksIn           to ipoaArpClientArpInNaks
    - ipoaArpClientArpNaksOut          to ipoaArpClientArpOutNaks
    - ipoaArpClientArpOpUnknown        to ipoaArpClientArpUnknownOps
    - ipoaArpClientArpSrvrNoResp       to ipoaArpClientArpNoSrvrResps
    - ipoaArpSrvrInArpReqsIn           to ipoaArpSrvrInArpInReqs
    - ipoaArpSrvrInArpReqsOut          to ipoaArpSrvrInArpOutReqs
    - ipoaArpSrvrInArpRepliesIn        to ipoaArpSrvrInArpInReplies
    - ipoaArpSrvrInArpRepliesOut       to ipoaArpSrvrInArpOutReplies
    - ipoaArpSrvrInArpInvalidReqsIn    to ipoaArpSrvrInArpInvalidInReqs
    - ipoaArpSrvrInArpInvalidReqsOut   to ipoaArpSrvrInArpInvalidOutReqs
    - ipoaArpSrvrArpReqsIn             to ipoaArpSrvrArpInReqs
    - ipoaArpSrvrArpRepliesOut         to ipoaArpSrvrArpOutReplies
    - ipoaArpSrvrArpNaksOut            to ipoaArpSrvrArpOutNaks
    - ipoaArpSrvrArpDupIpAddr          to ipoaArpSrvrArpDupIpAddrs
    - ipoaArpSrvrArpOpUnknown          to ipoaArpSrvrArpUnknownOps

I will repost the IPOA-MIB after the review period has closed.

Ken
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.