Subject: JMP> JAM MIB - trap registration idea

From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 19:34:47 PST

Copies To:  [email-masked]
            [email-masked]

Hi folks,                                       Wednesday (4 March 1998)

In response to Ron Bergman's recent request that people post concrete
ideas about SNMP trap registration mechanisms, I just posted the text of
a work-in-progress MIB written by Joe Filion (Xerox) and Ira McDonald
(High North) to the PWG FTP server in:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/contributions

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYNOPSIS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This document specifies the Job Async Monitoring (JAM) MIB,
an individual contribution to the Job Monitoring Project (JMP) of the
Printer Working Group (PWG), a work-in-progress MIB module for the
entire printer industry, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

The JAM MIB specifies a lightweight SNMP trap registration mechanism
for end-user clients, management stations, and management proxies.  This
SNMP trap registration mechanism is SNMP protocol version independent.
This SNMP trap registration mechanism is security scheme independent.

The JAM MIB is a companion to the PWG Job Monitoring MIB
and the IETF/PWG Printer MIB (published separately).

The JAM MIB is UNENCUMBERED by any patents pending or granted or other
intellectual property considerations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
These files are in 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/contributions':

rel_0304.txt - this release note
jam_v010.txt - Job Async Monitoring MIB v0.10 - text w/ formfeeds
jam_v010.mib - Job Async Monitoring MIB v0.10 - ASN.1 source