Subject: (ION) Questions on NHRP

From: kim young yuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 22:20:23 +0900

Hello.... there ..

I must be confusing with a router in a LIS...

I know that a router is needed when interconnecting between LISs, which
router is named an egress router.
In a single LIS , however, all members of a LIS  access each other
directly (without router).
That way, I couldn't figure out why routers is needed in a LIS .
what does a router have a role in there?
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,      .................      ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

got another question..

what is the difference between NARP  and NHRP ????
(both of them are to get a NBMA address..)

,,,,,,,,,,,,, ............... ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

last one....

how can a NHC get its serving NHS's NBMA address at the very begining
(manually or autoconfigurely ? )???

,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ................. ,,,,,,,,,,,

It seems like a questionnaire....
Anyone know the answer any of  above ones,,,
just feel free to mail me...
Your reply will be very welcomed ...

thanks in advance.....   ^_*;

mailto:[email-masked]

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: Reinaldo Penno Filho <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:07:43 -0300 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, kim young yuk wrote:

vc>Hello.... there ..
vc>
vc>I must be confusing with a router in a LIS...
vc>
vc>I know that a router is needed when interconnecting between LISs, which
vc>router is named an egress router.
vc>In a single LIS , however, all members of a LIS  access each other
vc>directly (without router).
vc>That way, I couldn't figure out why routers is needed in a LIS .
vc>what does a router have a role in there?
vc>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,      .................      ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

From.: rfc1577

  In the LIS scenario, each separate administrative entity configures
   its hosts and routers within a closed logical IP subnetwork.  Each
   LIS operates and communicates independently of other LISs on the same
   ATM network. Hosts connected to ATM communicate directly to other
   hosts within the same LIS. Communication to hosts outside of the
   local LIS is provided via an IP router. This router is an ATM
   Endpoint attached to the ATM network that is configured as a member
   of one or more LISs.

vc>
vc>got another question..
vc>
vc>what is the difference between NARP  and NHRP ????
vc>(both of them are to get a NBMA address..)
vc>

from: draft-ietf-rolc-nhrp-14.txt

   This document is intended to be a functional superset of the NBMA
   Address Resolution Protocol (NARP) documented in [1].

vc>,,,,,,,,,,,,, ............... ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
vc>
vc>last one....
vc>
vc>how can a NHC get its serving NHS's NBMA address at the very begining
vc>(manually or autoconfigurely ? )???

From: draft-ietf-rolc-nhrp-14.txt

4. Configuration

   Next Hop Clients

     An NHC connected to an NBMA subnetwork MAY be configured with the
     Protocol address(es) and NBMA address(es) of its NHS(s).  The
     NHS(s) will likely also represent the NHC's default or peer
     routers, so their NBMA addresses may be obtained from the NHC's
     existing configuration.  If the NHC is attached to several
     subnetworks (including logical NBMA subnetworks), the NHC should
     also be configured to receive routing information from its NHS(s)
     and peer routers so that it can determine which internetwork layer
     networks are reachable through which subnetworks.

Best Regards,

Reinaldo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brazilian Research Network
http://www.rnp.br
----------------------------------------------------------------------------