Subject: shunning Jeff Williams

From: "William Allen Simpson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 98 16:19:19 GMT

> From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
> Jeff, think of it as a correction of factual error on a list that is
> supposed to have SOME technical content.
>...
> I note that in
> http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-odell-code-of-conduct-02.txt,
> the following text appears:
>
>    (5c) An IETF Member apologizes appropriately in private or in public
>       for any offense caused to other members.
>
While we have an official policy of allowing anyone to join and post to
the IETF discussion list (I have no idea about the giaw lists, as
I am not a member of those lists), there is no reason that we should
countenance such anti-social behaviour.

Because of his profanity and personal attacks, and his excessive spam
cross-posting to large numbers of lists and recipients, please do not
reply to any message posted by Jeff Williams, whether public or private.
Let it become an informal policy of the members of these lists, enforced
by reminders to new posters.

This is only the third time that this has ever needed to be done here,
but it was fairly effective the first and second times.  But, this is the
second time this past 6 months.  Perhaps Allisat is hiding his postings
as Williams?

A shunning is in effect!

Meanwhile, could giaw participants please stop cross-posting to
the IETF list?  The content has been largely irrelevant to the IETF
standards process, and only mildly relevant to internet activities.

[email-masked]
    Key fingerprint =  17 40 5E 67 15 6F 31 26  DD 0D B9 9B 6A 15 2C 32