Subject: (ION) question regarding NHRP

From: Omar Elloumi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:03:30 +0200

NHRP aims at offring inter-LIS IP to ATM (NBMA in generally) resolution.
However the host requirements RFC states that communications between
two hosts on two diffrent LISs must traverse IP routers.

So if the host requirement is preserved, even if the two station
are connected to the same ATM network and have a mean to resolve
IP to ATM adresses, normally they can not directly communicate.

My question is : if this above is true, we need changes in the IP
protocol stack? Is there an Internet draft or RFC dealing with that
issue? Is this issue under study in any WGs?

Omar Elloumi

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 98 06:19:12 PDT

Omar,

> issue? Is this issue under study in any WGs?

See RFC1937.

Yakov.