Subject: (ION) urgent)simple question about MARS..(ip over atm) please ..

From: kim young yuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 1996 10:24:09 +0900

hello falks....

I'm newly introduced into "ip over atm" world... and interested in the
MARS (Multicast Address Resolution Server)...

my question is :

How can MARS get an group address (class D IP address) at the very
begining ???
MARS_JOIN that endpoint (MARS client) issues is to just add the node to
the group that have alreay been in the MARS

thanks in advance    ^_*;
youngyuk Kim

mailto:[email-masked]

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: Sebastien Faure <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 15:05:00 +0100 (MET)

> the group that have alreay been in the MARS

	It is not true! When endpoint must join a group, they will issue a
MARS_JOIN for that group, this group need not to be already known by the
MARS(ex: : nobody is member of the group in the cluster that this MARS
manages.). In this case, the MARS will create a new entry in its mapping
table for this new group when it will receive the MARS_JOIN.

Regards,

Sebastien Faure.