Subject: (ION) draft-ietf-mpls-git-uus-00.txt update

From: Muneyoshi Suzuki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 18:37:10 +0900

Dear,

I'm writing to inform you that in the ITU-T SG11 WP1 Oostend Belgium meeting
held in November 1998, Q.2941.2 Generic Identifier Transport is approved 
as cooling text (draft recommendation to be frozen in the next meeting,
which will be held March 1999). New Draft GIT Recommendation supports
the DSM-CC, H.321/H.310, AAL type2, Internet related identifiers, and MPOA
VPN identifier.

WP1 also decided to enhance Q.2957 User-to-user Signaling 
for the Internet Protocol, and developed Awaiting-review text
(initial draft). Unfortunately, increasing maximum length of the UUS IE
is not approved. This is because, Q.2957 UUS is able to interwork with
UUI of N-ISDN Signaling (Q.931). Q.931 is widely deployed in the world, and
increasing maximum length of the UUS IE highly affects to the UUI of Q.931.

Based on these result, I will post updated version of 
draft-ietf-mpls-git-uus-00.txt after the IETF Orlando meeting.
If you have comments, suggestions, and/or questions, please let me know
ASAP.

Cooling text of Q.2941.2 GIT is avail at:
http://www.nal.ecl.net/SG11WP1/itu-t-sg11-tmp-doc-td87r2.ps

Awaiting-review text of Q.2957 UUS is avail at:
http://www.nal.ecl.net/SG11WP1/itu-t-sg11-tmp-doc-td103.ps

All ITU-T SG11 WP1 documents related this topics are avail at:
http://www.nal.ecl.net/SG11WP1/

Best Regards,

Muneyoshi Suzuki
NTT Multimedia Net. Labs.
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.