Subject: (ION) Dearth of ion agenda topics

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:08:37 -0500 (EST)

ion-ers,

It looks like we may have a short meeting - other than my usual status
slides, we've only had two other requests for time, from Cliff Wang and
Dan Grossman, plus an open mike for whatever may come up at the
meeting.  If you've sent me an agenda request, please resend it or just
send me an email reminder so I can look for your message.  If you want
time reserved, please let me know!

Thanks,
Andy
________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414   fax:978 392-2074
Ascend Communications, Inc.        1 Robbins Road     Westford, MA 01886

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Albert Manfredi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:42:44 -0500

>ion-ers,
>
>It looks like we may have a short meeting

One can tell from the lack of hot debates on the mailing list. I
guess that solutions are converging, more or less, and/or topics are
migrating to how best to provide int-serv with IP alone.

We need ATM to the desktop for ATM to survive, and it can't happen
without the baby bells offering it in meaningful ways (unlike ISDN
which, if offered at all, seems to be used as an additional, 128
Kb/s digital pipe, over and above the analog voice line, ain't that
a crime?).

Bert
[email-masked]