Subject: RE: (ION) How do a NHS discovery its neighbour?

From: Joel Halpern <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:13:23 -0500

NHS do not "discover" their neighbors.  Their neighbors are routing
peers.  As such, before the NHS could want to send an NHRP message
(request or response), it must have routing knowledge of that neighbor.
The techniques for determining the ATM address for the NHRP are the same
as those used for determining the ATM address for sending a data packet
to that neighbor.  [These techniques include static configuration,
anycast, ILMI, PAR, and others.]

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhu Guoping [mailto:[email-masked]]
Subject: (ION) How do a NHS discovery its neighbour? 

Hello,Everyone! 
I have a question to ask you.How do a NHS discovery it's = 
neighbour?When a NHS in a router need to send a NHRP request to the NHS
= 
in the next router,How do the NHS get the ATM address of the next NHS = 
in the next hop router?It seems 
that there is no discuss about this in RFC2332. 
If anyone know this, please tell me.Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

---

From: Navin Kumar Agarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:32:13 -0530 (IST)

Hi,

> anycast, ILMI, PAR, and others.]

	Are you saying that the methods you have mentioned can be 
directly used to determine the ATM address of the next hop NHS? Or the 
methods (ILMI, anycast) in turn will help an NHS in getting the ATM 
address of the ATMARP server for that particular LIS, And finally the 
ATMARP server will resolve the ATM address of the next hop NHS??

Regards,
Navin

> If anyone know this, please tell me.Thanks in advance.

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.