Subject: (ION) Last Call for draft-ietf-ion-r2r-nhrp-01.txt

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:26:59 -0500 (EST)

As per Joel's request, this begins WG last call for
draft-ietf-ion-r2r-nhrp-01.txt, to last until April 5.  As always,
comments to the list.

Thanks,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:18:28 -0500
From: Joel Halpern <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call

As per the discussion at the ION Working group session, please issue the
working group last call for:
    draft-ietf-ion-r2r-nhrp-01.txt

Thank you,
Joel M. Halpern

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:14:58 -0800

Andy,

> draft-ietf-ion-r2r-nhrp-01.txt, to last until April 5.  As always,

From Section 10 (third paragraph):

   This document doesn't have a proof that the mechanisms described here
   result in loop-free steady state forwarding when NHRP is used to
   establish shortcuts among routers. Preliminary analysis indicates
   that the mechanisms herein are sufficient.  

As one of the co-authors, I am not aware of the "preliminary analysis"
(referred in the last sentence). So, before advancing this document to
a Proposed Standard I would like either (a) to have this "preliminary
analysis" shared (and approved) with the working group, or (b) to take
the last sentence out.

Yakov.