Subject: Re: (ION) MARS implementations?

From: Mohsen Souissi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 16:20:40 +0200

Hi Grenville and all,

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, you wrote:

> My curiosity was recently piqued by seeing a reference to RFC2020
> (MARS) being implemented in coming release of a well known PC OS.
> Every so often I've heard rumors of RFC2020 support being built
> into existing CIP drivers. Is anyone tracking this? Would people
> who've implemented RFC2020 like to post (either to me or the
> mailing list) that they've done so and what their experiences
> have been?  Perhaps this could form part of Andy's "what ION has
> done" summation at the upcoming IETF.

I apologize for answering your request so late and I hope that it
isn't too late (except for the Andy's "what ION has done" summation at
the upcoming IETF) :-)

Francis Dupont and I have just made available (since yesterday) our
new version for our bsd-ipv6-atm software distribution on INRIA's
anonymous FTP at the URL below:

ftp://ftp.inria.fr/network/ipv6/atm/ATM-990805.tgz

By the way, you may download the file
ftp://ftp.inria.fr/network/ipv6/atm/README-990805

This software distribution is based on:

- INRIA IPv6 Stack  for FreeBSD/NetBSD OS
- Chuck Cranor's driver code for Efficient ATM NICs 
- linux-atm signaling from EPFL (Switzerland). 

It is implemented for FreeBSD (3.2-RELEASE) and NetBSD
1.3.3 and consists of the following components:

- ILMI daemon and ATM Signaling daemon in user mode

- An API for p2p and p2mp ATM SVC (a generic menu-driven signaling client)

- A complete and Augmented MARS System (RFC 2022 + (RFC 2491, RFC
2492)): 3 menu-driven applications (server, mcs and client).

- Neighbor Discovery daemon for ATM interfaces as a special case for
ndpd which is in user mode, and implemented with ATM in mind

IPv6 transport is then enabled in a LAN environment over p2p and p2mp
ATM SVC.

So far we haven't performed any interoperability tests with other
implementations, neither have we done performence tests. We hope this
will be possible the near future.

Of course, all feedback and comments will be welcome,

Mohsen.

P.S. I will be away from my office for the two coming weeks. Meannwhile, 
If you need to ask any questions please feel free to contact 
[email-masked].
-- 
Mohsen SOUISSI

***********************************************************************
*                         IPv6 Project, INRIA                         *
***************************************+*******************************
* 		  mailto:[email-masked]                      *
*             http://duvel.inria.fr/souissi/home.html	              *
* Tel.:  +33 1 39 63 52 54       |  Fax:     +33 1 39 63 58 66        *
*--------------------------------+------------------------------------*
* INRIA - Domaine de Voluceau-Rocquencourt - B.P. 105 -               *
* 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex, FRANCE                                      *
***********************************************************************

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.