Subject: (ION) Question about "caching policy" in NHRP

From: "Y.Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:00:59 +0900

HI..

When referring to Cache Management Issue (Section 6 in RFC 2332), 
I have a doubt on a Transit NHS action.

RFC saying 
" ....A Transit NHS may cache destination information 
contained in NHRP Resolution Reply CIE if only if the D bit is set 
and then only for non-authoritative use for a period not to exceed 
the Holding Time value contained in the CIE.....  "

My question is that when a Transit NHS received a non-authoritative 
reply message, then does the NHS cache destination information 
even though the information is non-authoritative ?

Thanks in advance
Y.Kim

---

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 16:57:33 -0400

Hello,

> Y.Kim wrote:
 
Yes, a transit NHS "may", which means that it is upto the
implementation.  The MIB (draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mib-09.txt) 
also reflects these aspects (i.e transit NHS, Holding Time, and 
authoritative) in the Cache Table and Server Cache Table.

	-Joan

> Y.Kim
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.