Subject: (ION) Fwd: RFC 2735 on NHRP Support for Virtual Private Networks

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:28:17 -0500

Congratulations to Barbara and Bernhard on their new RFC!

Cheers,
Andy

------- Begin of Forwarded Message -------
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: RFC 2735 on NHRP Support for Virtual Private Networks
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:02:49 -0800
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 2735

         Title:	    NHRP Support for Virtual Private Networks
         Author(s):  B. Fox, B. Petri
         Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       December 1999
         Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
         Pages:      12
         Characters: 26455
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:None
         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-vpn-03.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2735.txt

The NBMA Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP) is used to determine the
NBMA subnetwork addresses of the "NBMA next hop" towards a public
internetworking layer address (see [1]).  This document describes the
enhancements necessary to enable NHRP to perform the same function
for private internetworking layer addresses available within the
framework of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service on a shared NBMA
network.

This document is a product of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2735

<ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2735.txt>
------- End of Forwarded Message -------
________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414  fax:978 392-2074
Lucent Technologies                 1 Robbins Road    Westford, MA 01886

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.