Subject: [Iot-directorate] Survey results summary details

From: "Chakrabarti, Samita" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:59:42 -0400

Hello folks,

Here is a bit details on the summary of IOT-DIR member Survey results that
we can discuss further during the upcoming pre-IETF call:

*Overall Summary and Outcomes*

   - *Overall, folks are happy with IOT-directorate performance. There are
   some constructive comments/suggestions to think about.*

IoT-Directorates co-chairs and ADs have met and analysed the survey results
together and as a result

some action items have been identified.

We also discussed the average frequency of reviews for IOT-directorate
members. Please see the following

summary of observations and outcomes.

   -     *In general, for most of the respondents the charter is clear. *
   - *    The IoT Directorate pre-ietf meetings are useful for the members.*
   - *    1-2 days are needed to accept/reject a review request once
   assigned*
   - *    Each member of the IoT Directorate will require to do at least
   ONE review per quarter*

*# Other observation/outcomes*

   - The charter needs an update and should be in-line with what the group
   does. Many express interests in helping out more than reviews; the
   expectations are that this group helps align IOT related activities within
   IETF.

   - Some commented that the reviews should be limited to IoT-related drafts

   - Some commented on pre-IETF timing issue (too early for West coast) --
   Co-chairs moved the pre-IETF-111 meeting time a little later

   - Other suggestions:The pre-meeting could use the time for more
   discussion and making decisions etc.

*# Action Items:*
1) Co-chairs to launch periodic discussions with external SDOs - it will be
arranged separately from pre-IETF calls
2) ADs will experiment with relevant Last call drafts assignment for
IOT-DIR review ( so that more time can be allocated for an review )

Best regards:
IOT-DIRECTORATE co-chairs
(Ari, Ines and Samita)

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:43:55 +0300

Many thanks Samita, the github was updated to reflect these changes

BR,
Ines

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 5:59 PM Chakrabarti, Samita <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>    - *Overall, folks are happy with IOT-directorate performance. There
>    are some constructive comments/suggestions to think about.*
>
> IoT-Directorates co-chairs and ADs have met and analysed the survey
> results together and as a result
>
>    - The charter needs an update and should be in-line with what the
>    group does. Many express interests in helping out more than reviews; the
>    - Some commented on pre-IETF timing issue (too early for West coast)
>    -- Co-chairs moved the pre-IETF-111 meeting time a little later
>
>
> 1) Co-chairs to launch periodic discussions with external SDOs - it will
> be arranged separately from pre-IETF calls