Subject: [Iotops] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-zubov-snif-04.txt

From: Jim Zubov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 22:54:22 -0500

A new revision of the SNIF draft, according to Michael Richardson's suggestions.
- An https only high security option for CA proxy API, which involves an additional {apiUrl} configuration parameter for SNIF connectors,
- Amended security section, SNIF relay identity verification as a high security option,
- Private key algo as per CA suggestions and industry practices.

-------- Original Message --------

A new version of I-D, draft-zubov-snif-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jim Zubov and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-zubov-snif
Revision:	04
Title:		Deploying Publicly Trusted TLS Servers on IoT Devices Using SNI-based End-to-End TLS Forwarding (SNIF)
Document date:	2022-02-16
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		21
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-zubov-snif-04.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zubov-snif/
Html:           https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-zubov-snif-04.html
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zubov-snif
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zubov-snif-04

Abstract:
   This document proposes a solution, referred as SNIF, that provides
   the means for any Internet connected device to:

   *  allocate a globally unique anonymous hostname;

   *  obtain and maintain a publicly trusted X.509 certificate issued
      for the allocated hostname;

   *  accept incoming TLS connections on specific TCP ports of the
      allocated hostname from any TLS clients that are capable of
      sending Server Name Indication.

   The private key associated with the X.509 certificate is securely
   stored on the TLS terminating device, and is never exposed to any
   other party at any step of the process.

About This Document

   This note is to be removed before publishing as an RFC.

   Status information for this document may be found at
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zubov-snif.

   Information can be found at https://snif.host.

   Source for this draft and an issue tracker can be found at
   https://github.com/vesvault/snif-i-d.

The IETF Secretariat