Subject: [Iotsi] IoT Semantic Interoperability Workshop 2016 - Submission

From: "John Parello (jparello)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:18:07 +0000

Hi,

We¹d like to submit our information and data model for the Workshop.
Please see the attached summary and full paper describing the model we are
using.

We are working with endpoint partners to develop a model to abstract
sensors and actuators that are network connected. We are working in the
IoT space specifically for Enterprises but we think this can be used for
nay area of IoT.

This paper is labelled with our company since we are working on this with
partners at the moment. We will be releasing this shortly on our open
developer network. So basically while it¹s labelled with an organization
we would like to make this as part of drafts and work in the CORE group.

IF accepted we can provide the paper in IETF informational draft format.

We think this would prove interesting to the workshop. Some highlights of
what we did to extend some of the work at the CORE group:

- Introduction of linked information via a UUID
- Introduction of connectivity information
- Classification of measurements so that units of measurements can be
unrestricted
- Introduction of an actuator model that extends sensors through
containment of a control entry
- An example JSON data model for the information model

We have running and shipping code for both proxies and endpoints.

Thank you for your consideration.
John