Subject: [Iotsi] Public Comment of Rabbi Shalom Arush, Head of the "Chut Shel Chessed" Institutions on Proposed Renewal of .asia Registry Agreement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 09:48:38 +0300

May 7th 2019

ICANN
12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536
USA

Public comment on the Proposed Renewal of .asia Registry Agreement

Executive Summary

Renewal of the .asia registry agreement with DotAsia Organization  
Limited should be assessed against the background of the Internet  
addiction global problem. According to academic research, Internet  
addiction disorder (IAD) results in personal, family, and occupational  
problems. Internet addiction can be decomposed into several subtypes  
of behavior and impulse control problems, namely, Debauchery,  
cyber-relationship addiction, net compulsions, information overload,  
compulsive web surfing or database searches and net gaming. Internet  
gaming has been classified by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a  
disease in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11).  
There is a large correlation between addiction to online social  
networks and generalized Internet addiction. The short-term,  
dopamine-driven feedback loops that Facebook has created are  
destroying how society works and it is eroding the core foundations of  
how people behave by and between each other. Smartphones and the  
social media platforms they support are turning us into bona fide  
addicts. Platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram leverage the  
very same neural circuitry used by slot machines and cocaine to keep  
us using their products as much as possible. Internet Addiction  
Disorder (IAD) ruins lives by causing neurological complications,  
psychological disturbances, and social problems. Smartphone or  
Internet addiction can also negatively impact your life by increasing  
loneliness and depression, fueling anxiety, increasing stress,  
exacerbating attention deficit disorders, diminishing your ability to  
concentrate and think deeply or creatively, disturbing your sleep and  
encouraging self-absorption. The psychopathological overlap between  
IA, substance addiction and pathological gambling suggests a common  
neurobiological substrate, involving a dopamine dysfunction of the  
neural “reward systems”. Debauchery destroys the brain. Lust and  
promiscuity, explains Nachman of Breslev, lead to a breakdown of  
logic, common sense and even insanity. The proof is that in this  
decadent age, so many people are in need of psychiatric medication,  
whereas millions suffer from anxiety and depression. All the people  
who are out of their minds, because they fell into the difficult  
disease of looking at women and all kinds of filthy movies on the  
Internet, on the iPhone, Facebook, etc., to the point of burning lust  
in real madness. Gambling is a terrible sickness, even more addictive  
than alcohol, tobacco and drugs. The lust for money is the root cause  
of gambling affliction, which not only drives a person insane, but  
makes him or her lose faith in the Creator, and truth and emuna in His  
Divine providence, Heaven forbid. The gambler is cruel to his family.  
The owners and operators of gambling parlors are outright murderers.

ICANN, some ICANN-accredited registrars, some registry operators and  
some Domain Name Registrants are fostering Internet Addiction. DotAsia  
Organization Limited is fostering Internet addiction. Fostering  
Internet addiction is a disastrous violation of fundamental human  
rights and GAC Communiqué – Beijing, People’s Republic of China.  
Fostering Internet addiction by ICANN, some ICANN-accredited  
registrars, some registry operators and some Domain Name registrants  
is a violation of applicable laws. Fostering Internet addiction is a  
violation of ICANN's Articles of Incorporation, Board of Directors'  
Code of Conduct, Governance Guidelines, Commitments, Core Values and  
By-Laws.

In view of the above, we require ICANN to terminate immediately the  
activities fostering Internet addiction, including the performance of  
relevant IANA functions, relevant gTLD activities, relevant Registry  
Operators' activities, relevant ICANN-accredited registrars'  
activities, including through RESP and amendments of registry and  
registrar agreements and to refrain from renewing the .asia registry  
agreement with DotAsia Organization Limited unless DotAsia  
Organization Limited and its related companies terminate immediately  
activities fostering Internet addiction and the .asia registry  
agreement is amended to prohibit Internet addiction activities.

Rabbi Shalom Arush
Head of the "Chut Shel Chessed" Institutions

For the full article, please see the attachment.

--------

The Universal Garden of Emuna
Author: Rabbi Shalom Arush

The Universal Garden of Emuna
What’s the consolation in knowing that the world is full of strife  
when our personal lives are a never-ending saga of stress, worry,  
anxiety and challenges? Making a living today is like being a 21st  
Century gladiator. Family units are falling apart and marital bliss  
seems like a pipedream. People face child-education problems that they  
never imagined. What can a person do to maintain sanity? If sanity is  
such a struggle, who dares to dream of genuine happiness, fulfillment  
and true inner peace? You do.
As soon as you open up the first page of the new Universal Garden of  
Emuna by internationally acclaimed best-selling author Shalom Arush,  
whose books have helped millions of people around the globe live  
better lives, you gain the master-key to life’s locked doors,  
especially the doors to fulfilling your own personal potential.
Far from flash-in-the-pan fad spirituality, the new non-denomenational  
Universal Garden of Emuna takes the reader by the hand along the  
proven path to satisfaction of the soul. By learning emuna – the pure  
and simple faith in the Creator - the reader learns how to cultivate  
an intimate personal relationship with the Creator.
This book will quickly become your best friend, a book you’ll want to  
read over and over! A complete and total life-changer!
By world-renowned spiritual guide and bestselling author Shalom Arush,  
translated by Lazer Brody.
Paperback, 406 information-packed pages, including an amazing new  
explanation of the Seven Noahide Commandments for all mankind.

In English –  
https://www.breslev.co.il/store/the_universal_garden_of_emuna/spirituality_and_faith/books.aspx?id=16146&language=english
In French – http://www.joie2vivre.org/produit/le-jardin-universel-de-la-foi/
In Spanish -  
https://www.breslev.co.il/store/en_el_jard%C3%ADn_de_la_fe_universal_gu%C3%ADa_pr%C3%A1ctica_de_vida_para_todo_ser_humano_en_espa%C3%B1ol/rabino_arush_y_autoayuda/libros.aspx?id=23093&language=spanish

Rubin International Law Firm and Notary
11 Avinoam Yelin Street Jerusalem Israel
[email-masked] [email-masked]
+972-544-705-200