Subject: Missing from the list of issues ...

From: Prabhakara Yellai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:00:45 PDT

Myron,
   I didn't see the issue of specifying some lower bound for
   the 'expiration time' in the normal ADVT in Section 10.4 to
   rule out the possibility of using a value < 30 seconds for
   normal ADVT. I was under the impression that this was accepted
   (my suggestion was to have 60 seconds as the lower bound given
   that a value <= 30 seconds to indicate relinquishing and
   periodicity of advt <= 10 seconds).

Prabhakar

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:02:42 -0700

Prabhakar,

Yes, I forgot about this issue.

As far as it be resolved, I can see how you would have thought
this from the emails posted. In fact your conclusion may be the
final resolution.  My hesitation to claim the issue is closed
comes from my recollection that some WG members did not
want to specify such a time in our previous discussions.

My opinion is we should add a lower bound and that 60 seconds
is a reasonable value. If no one objects, in the next few days, we'll
consider the issue closed with this being the resolution.

-myron