Subject: agreement with next steps

From: "Michael D. Johas Teener" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:56:34 -0800

I agree 100% with Myron's "next steps" note ... move
GASP/NPM/NETWORK_CHANNELS t the main 1394 spec, and also to define an
IP/1394 unit directory.
========================================================================
Michael D. Johas Teener, Chief Technical Officer, Zayante, Inc.
269 Mt. Hermon Rd. #201, Scotts Valley, CA 95066-4000, USA
voice: +1-831-461-4901  fax: +1-831-461-1394  page: [email-masked]
email: [email-masked] PGP IDs: RSA 0x177754E1, D-H/DSS 0x3179D202
======================== http://www.zayante.com ========================

---

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:26:44 -0800

All,

Based on the discussion over the last week, the IP/1394 WG is
moving ahead with the below next steps. If people return
from the Holidays with dissenting opinions for whatever reasons
we will discuss the WG's direction further. I'll post a updated
status to this issue on Jan 7th. In the meantime we can
continue to make progress on the steps below.

1) Change labels of NPM/NETWORK_CHANNEL to Broadcast
Channel Manager/BROADCAST_CHANNEL. Move text related to
NPM/NETWORK_CHANNEL from IP/1394 Spec to the p1394.a Spec.

2) Do not define the GASP header in the IP/1394 spec. However,
the IP/1394 will rely on the GASP header being defined in the
the p1394.a Spec. The Ip/1394 Spec will define the appropriate
values for the GASP header.

3) In the IP/1394 Spec, define ARP, MCAP, and signature in light
of using the GASP header.

4) In the IP/1394 Spec, define a Unit Directory.

Thanks,

-myron