Subject: Re: MPEG over 1394

From: "Allison, Art" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:36:01 -0500

Also for the US, EIA 775( approved)/ DVS 194( being balloted) define how
streams are interchanged.  I do not know if this is consistent with IEC
61883-4. (But I am not attempting to start discussion in this forum on this
point.) (open to email however)

Art
::{)

-----Original Message-----
From: OSAKABE Yoshio [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 18, 1998 12:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: MPEG over 1394

Bhavesh,

Please refer to IEC 61883-4. It is Consumer audio/video equipment
- Digital Interface - Part 4: MPEG2-TS.

At 09:35 98/12/18 -0530, BHAVESH R PATHAK wrote:
> Dear Everyone,
>
> I am looking for information on MPEG over 1394. Is there any other
> mailing list which discusses regarding multi-media over 1394.
>
> with regards,
> bhavesh
>
>
Best regards,

================================================================
=   OSAKABE, Yoshio                                            =
=   i.LINK Development Laboratory                              =
=   Platform Software Development Center                       =
=   Sony Corporation  Headquarters, Building 3, 4th Floor      =
=   6-7-35, Kitashinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, 141-0001 Japan =
=   Tel: +81-(0)3-5448-6592,  Fax: +81-(0)3-5448-4327          =
=   E-Mail:  [email-masked]                       =
=   Private: [email-masked]                              =
================================================================

---

From: OSAKABE Yoshio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 17:54:36 +0900

Yes, EIA 775 "DTV 1394 Interface Specification" is
a good example of MPEG over 1394 application. It
still refers IEC 61883-4 in its normative reference.

> Bhavesh
Discussion of MPEG Data Transmission Protocol is
partly over. But if you have further topics in MPEG
over 1394 and your company is member of the TA, 1394
TA AV-WG reflector is one place to discuss them.