Subject: IPv6 over '1394

From: Leif Arne Rønningen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:48:08 +0100

Hi,
For Telenor Satelitte Services, Norway, I am considering IPv6 over '1394 for the Multimedia Home Platform. Please inform me about the status of your specification work. Will the extensions of '1394-1995, with data rates above 400Mbps and increased distance between nodes to more than 4.5 m, have impact on your specifications?
 
Happy new year,

Leif Arne Rønningen 
[email-masked]

---

From: Kenji Fujisawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 14:41:15 +0900

>For Telenor Satelitte Services, Norway, I am considering IPv6 over '1394
>for the Multimedia Home Platform. Please inform me about the status of
>your specification work.

The IP1394 WG has not discussed so much about IPv6 over 1394.

My personal draft exists here.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fujisawa-ip1394-ipv6-01.txt

>Will the extensions of '1394-1995, with data
>rates above 400Mbps and increased distance between nodes to more than
>4.5 m, have impact on your specifications?

I'm not aware of any impacts caused by these extensions.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Kenji Fujisawa