Subject: WG Next Steps (IPv6?, SNMP MIB?)

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 15:32:42 -0700

We would like to determine the WG's next steps after IPv4 and DHCP.
We are trying to figure out the deliverables before the WG shuts down;
this will allow the IP/1394 charter web page to be updated with a more
accurate deliverables list and shut down date.

In the past we have discussed a 1394 SNMP MIB and IPv6 over 1394.
I would like feed back on delivering these two  documents.
Specifically:
Why do we need to deliver IPv6 over 1394? 1394 SNMP MIB?
Are you willing to contribute to IPv6? SNMP?

There are about 350 email addresses on this reflector with some of these
email addresses being exploders to multiple people in a company. With this
large of a sample size, if only a few people respond, I will feel confident
that there is insufficient interest in these topics to warrant the existence
of a WG. In other words, a lack of response will result in the IP/1394 WG
shutting down without producing an IPv6 over 1394 Spec or a 1394 SNMP
MIB. This does not preclude other WGs from picking up this work or a
new WG forming when there is enough interest to produce these Specs.

Thanks,

-myron

---

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 18:30:25 EDT

In a message dated 99-05-21 17:46:50 EDT, [email-masked] writes:

<<The Area Directors inform us that the IESG does not require that we define
IPv6 or an SNMP MIB.>>

Hot damn!