Subject: ohci sids

From: iyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 08:28:21 +0530

hi venkat,
    I have developed  the ohci driver for the TI ohci controller & have
no problems
with  SIDs. Here is the seq I have used as part of card init. Hope it
helps.

    Soft reset the controller.(Host control set Register 0x50)
    program pointer to a 2k Aligned buffer for Self ids (sid buffer
register 0x64)
    Initialize contexts for transmit etc.
    set the LPS signal.(0x50)
    Clear all pending intr(0x84)
    Enable Sid reception in the LINK Control set reg (0xe0)
    Enable all required interrupts including the sid intr enable &
master intr enable bit
(0xa8).
    Enable the link in the host control reg (0x50).

    In the intr routine the Sid complete bit is checked in the interrupt
sts reg (0x84)
& the sid processing routine is called.  The intr event bit is immly
cleared.

    There is no other significance of the Rcv selfid bit other than
enabling the sid recv
dma.
    May be the intr bit was not cleared as part of intr processing..

regards,
Ramesh.