Subject: Re: Revised BCM selection process

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 13:58:53 EDT

In a message dated 99-05-06 21:57:52 EDT, [email-masked] writes:

<<I could not find how to disable the Physical Request function for the Bus
Management CSR registers (such as CHANNELS_AVAILABLE reg) in the OHCI spec
1.0.  Would you teach me if it exists?>>

I don't believe that you can disable Serial Bus access to CHANNELS_AVAILABLE,
but I think it is unimportant.

The OpenHCI HAL or the software immediately adjacent to it in some software
stack may use OpenHCI INTERNAL compare_swap operations (see OpenHCI 1.0
clause 5.5.1) to allocate channel 31 LONG BEFORE any other node may even gain
access to the register.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707

(510) 527-3926
(510) 527-3856 FAX

[email-masked]

---

From: Kenji Fujisawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 04:42:34 +0900

>clause 5.5.1) to allocate channel 31 LONG BEFORE any other node may even gain

I think we can not guarantee the (either interrupt-driven or polling-base)
software can allocate channel 31 unless the physical request can be disabled.

Regards,

Kenji Fujisawa