Subject: Re: IP over 1394 isoc useful?

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:13:19 EDT

In a message dated 99-06-07 12:03:35 EDT, [email-masked] writes:

<<What I want to do for now is to send "video over IP" stresm on 1394. We
have an AV server on 1394, and the 1394 has the ability of iso transmission.
So I want to have a mechanism to bind IP and iso 1394.>>

Why not work on a standard, interoperable method of control via IP and
separate isochronous data streams in a 61883 format? If the scope of the
problem is within the home, perhaps we define the problem too large if we
think we need isochronous IP.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707

(510) 527-3926
(510) 527-3856 FAX

[email-masked]

---

From: ������ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:31:13 +0900

> think we need isochronous IP.

Well, This means we need new 1394 friendly applications, right?
It is clear that we need new applications for new types of service, but
there are a lot of PC based applications reusable. so does the
programmers' skill. Without variety of applications, maybe a transfer
method hardly succeed even if it's good.(ATM can be one of them, maybe.)
Thus, personally I think, "a mechanism to bind IP and iso 1394" is
useful for the PC applications.

:->

Regards,
Heejin.