Subject: Re: OHCI query

From: John Nels Fuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:48:17 -0700

Have you properly set the time stamp in the Z-block?  This needs to be set
so that the transmitter can abort sending a response packet if the split
timeout period has been exceeded, this is the only use of event_timeout in
AT.  BTW, run set and active clear is a normal state when the last packet in
the queue has been transmitted, append a new item on the queue and then set
wake.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 1999 1:37 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: OHCI query

OHCI gurus !

We came across an event code while transferring data.

We have connected a Windows NT5.0 w/s to our OHCI adapter on an
embedded system. The NT w/s recognizes our card but when we try
to issue a read request for a CSR Register, our Device Driver
builds a Response and transmits it. On starting the DMA engine
for AT Response, we get an event code of 0xA (event_timeout) .. which means
a
timeout has occured and then the active bit of the context is
cleared but the run bit is still set !! To be precise.. the contents
of the OHCI AT Response context register (offset 0x1a0) is 0x800A.

Why does this event timeout occur .. does it have anything to do with the
link to link ack not being exchanged ??

Note that when we issue a read to Config Rom, it succeeds because this
request is serviced by PRU and not the s/w..

SOS !!

--vasu

____________________________________________________________________
Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1