Subject: BUSY_TIMEOUT register(CSR) register!!

From: venkatesh v <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 02:33:13 -0700

Hi
Could anybody tell me what a write request to a BUSY_TIMEOUT register
(CSR register at an offset 0x210 from CSR space)means? I get a data of
0xFF to be written into? when does a initiator (source)write a value
into a target's (destination's) BUSY_TIMEOUT register???

Eagerly awaiting a reply,

Rgds,
Venkat

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: "Jabs, Chris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:46:06 -0600

Venkat,
The host writes to the BUSY_TIMEOUT register right after LOGIN.  The last
nibble (0x0F) is where the BUSY retry count value is set in the target
device.  For example:  When the host buffers are full and are unable to
accept any more data from the target a BUSYX ack is send to the target.  The
target will continue to retry the data until the BUSY_TIMEOUT value is
exhausted (usually 16 retries).  At this time the target quits retrying the
data and waits for the host to re-initiate the target again.  This example
should hold true for no-ACKs and an kind of BUSY ack.
The 0xF0 is a reserved value and why this is written to the target I don't
know.  Our 1394 target native bridge ignores this value.

-Chris Jabs
LSI Logic
1394 Systems Engineer

-----Original Message-----
From: venkatesh v [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 1999 3:33 AM
To: ohci
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: BUSY_TIMEOUT register(CSR) register!!

Hi

Rgds,
Venkat

-----(cut when replying)---------------------------
subscribes/unsubscribes -
http://mail.dvcentral.org/guest/RemoteListSummary/1394
--------------------------------------------