Subject: Oslo meeting - solicitation for agenda items and editors

From: "Mike St. Johns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 11:44:10 -0700

Hi Folks -

We're due to meet at the Oslo IETF at the beginning of the week (Monday the 
11th of July).  I'm looking for suggestions for agenda items.  Please send 
them to me [email-masked]'.

I'm also looking for people to do the following presentations or discussions 
at the meeting:

a) Someone from the European Cablelab(s) to discuss what's happening in their 
standards space (e.g. Davic/DVB?) and what if any changes would need to be 
made to the mibs to cover that space as well.

b) Someone to take a whack at the new features and functions in Docsis1.1 vs 
Docsis1.0 with a follow on discussion to figure out which of these functions 
have to be managed (e.g. QOS, BPI+, Multicast).  I'll take multiple presenters 
in this space to cover the individual pieces.

c) Someone to talk about any experiences fielding Telco return modems with a 
view to fixing/modifying the current Telco return MIB draft for publication.

d) Any proposals re filtering in the cable modem - this was the most debated 
part of the CM mib during the last pass.

e) I'll be leading a discussion on exactly what work items remain for the 
group.

Status:

As of a couple of  weeks or so ago, the IESG passed the RF and CM mibs and 
sent them to the RFC editor for publication as Proposed Standards.  The 
editing errors mention on the list in the last few weeks (e.g. body text that 
refers to removed objects) will be fixed during this process.  For 
implementors - expect that the root of the CM mib will move under mib-2 (vice 
current "experimental" root, but that the RF mib should stay where it is.

On that subject, I'm looking for editors for the next versions of the CM and 
RF MIBs.  The goal will be to a) fix any issues that are discovered in the 
next 6 months until the things go to draft standard, and b) to bring them up 
to IPv6 and DOCSIS1.1 compatibility.

Later, Mike