Subject: (IPng 6491) Re: your mail

From: "Simon Elbaz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 02:06:55 PDT

Hello,
Is there someone who could tell me where can I find a stable package 
implementing IPv6 for a Linux OS and the according net-tools ?
Thanks,
Simon.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Michael H. Warfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:43:57 -0400 (EDT)

> implementing IPv6 for a Linux OS and the according net-tools ?

	1) You need the latest development kernel, currently at 2.1.122

	2) Check out the IPv6 Howto:

	http://www.bieringer.de/linux/IPv6/IPv6-HOWTO/IPv6-HOWTO.html

	I've brought up several systems with IPv6 following this.  There
are a few "glitches" with regard to sendmail (Real Time Black Hole list
is busted) and some problems with ssh that are solvable, just annoying.

	Mike
-- 
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [email-masked]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/
  NIC whois:  MHW9      |  An optimist believes we live in the best of all
 PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471    |  possible worlds.  A pessimist is sure of it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------