Subject: (IPng 6408) OSI Addressing

From: Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 18:10:54 +0800

Hi all,

  I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question.

  I'm trying to understand OSI addressing. I know that for Internet
  addressing, an IP address and a port is enough to uniquely identify
  a connection end-point in a process.

  What is the equivalent in OSI addressing?? Should I read ACSE in detail
  to understand this??

TIA,
Chandru

-- 

HP, Telecom Mgmt. Division. / +65-2792881
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 07:44:59 -0700 (PDT)

>   What is the equivalent in OSI addressing?? Should I read ACSE in detail

There are any number of OSI addressing methods.  Two that come to mind are NSAPs
and e.164 addresses. Have to you read any materials on either of these two addressing
methods?

-- 
--bill