Subject: (IPng 6414) Re: OSI Addressing

From: Cyndi Jung <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:53:05 -0700

ISO 8348 only covers Network Layer addressing, which does not get
you to the connection end-point in a process.

Cyndi

At 02:00 PM 9/4/98 -0400, Keith Knightson wrote:
>Chandru,
>
>You should read ISO standard IS 8348, which is quite readable and
>comprehensive.
>
>Regards Keith
>
>At 6:10 AM -0400 04/9/98, Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>  I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question.
>>
>>  I'm trying to understand OSI addressing. I know that for Internet
>>  addressing, an IP address and a port is enough to uniquely identify
>>  a connection end-point in a process.
>>
>>  What is the equivalent in OSI addressing?? Should I read ACSE in detail
>>  to understand this??
>>
>>TIA,
>>Chandru
>>
>>--
>>
>>HP, Telecom Mgmt. Division. / +65-2792881
>>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>>IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
>>IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
>>FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
>>Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
>>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
>IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
>FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
>Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------