Subject: (IPng 6449) Re: Host Fragmentation

From: David Borman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:32:09 -0500 (CDT)

> From: Brian Zill <[email-masked]>
> Subject: RE: (IPng 6447) Re: Host Fragmentation
> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:17:17 -0700
>...
> BTW Dave, are you saying that you could achive the same performance from
> 1500 MTU packets as 64 KB packets when you were at Cray?  :-)

Nope.  Not even with 32K packets.  Cray computers were never good
at dealing with lots of interrupts.  They couldn't handle tens of
thousands of interrupts per second.  They could pump the data in and
out and process the data, they just couldn't deal with heavy interrupt
loads.
			-David Borman, [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------