Subject: (IPng 6464) Protocol Action: Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Token Ring Networks to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:28:28 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Transmission of IPv6 Packets
over Token Ring Networks' <draft-ietf-ipngwg-trans-tokenring-05.txt> as
a Proposed Standard.

This document is the product of the IPNG Working Group.  The IESG
contact persons are Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies the MTU and frame format for transmission of IPv6
  packets on Token Ring networks. It also specifies the method for forming
  IPv6 link-local addresses on Token Ring networks and the content of the
  Source/Target Link-layer Address option used by the Router Solicitation,
  Router Advertisement, Redirect, Neighbor Solicitation and Neighbor
  Advertisement messages when these messages are transmitted on a Token
  Ring network.

Working Group Summary

  The Working Group last call produced no issues with this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document has been reviewed by Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten
  of the IESG.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------