Subject: (IPng 6738) Orlando meeting times

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:42:52 -0800

We have been assigned the following meeting slots for ipngwg in Orlando:

	Thursday, December 10 at 1530-1730
		other groups scheduled at that time: manet, qosmc-BOF
	Friday, December 11 at 0900-1130
		other groups scheduled at that time: idr, navdec-BOF

Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:04:23 -0500

Steve,

Friday is ridiculous.  I won't be there then.  there should NO IETF
meetings on Fridays.  It is the holiday season I won't let it affect mine 
one bit for this standards body.  I have complained about this for two years
to the IETF and the powers that be, I accept I am a minority.

Hence, if a critical issue changes direction at a Friday meeting and I
am not there for me it is not done and if I have issues and it involves
last call docs I will bring them up on email following the meeting. 

I might be willing to be there on Fridays but at this time of the year
it is totally unacceptable IMO.  Friday is a travel day to get back
home.  I completely have given up the previous holiday season weekend
for IETF and our standards business.  I won't affect two of my weekends
with my family.  Again totally unacceptable.

Also I fear you may loose others.  Is IPv6 so unimportant to other
things in the IETF that it is slipped out to a Friday meeting?  It
appears so to me.

sincerely,
/jim

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:13:36 +0100

Friday meetings are done at the request of the IETF members,
as the better alternative to 8-10 parallell sessions.

Every time this has been brought up in the plenary, a solid majority
favours using Friday time for WG meetings.

           Harald (who would prefer IETFs to go Wednesday-Wednesday)

-- 
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
[email-masked]