Subject: (IPng 6788) Re: IPv6 link local address

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 11:59:53 EST

In a message dated 11/25/98 4:11:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email-masked] writes:

> => even one can answer that with the new sin6_scope_id a sockaddr_in6
>  structure in the link-local scope is not ambiguous there are some places
>  where an address alone (ie a struct in6_addr) is used, for instance
>  in the DHCPv6 I-D. Then I agree: we should ban all usages of link local
>  addresses without the interface (then the interface is enough) or
>  make the use of the same link local address on more than one interface
>  "not recommended" (or stronger negative statement).

About as wrong a suggestion as one could image.

Joachim Martillo
 <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/Telford001/index.html">Telford Tools, Inc.
</A> 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------