Subject: (IPng 6774) New version of Mobile IPv6 draft

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:38:37 -0500

Last week before the deadline, I submitted a new version of the
Internet-Draft for Mobile IP for IPv6 (draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-07.txt).
Here is the abstract of the draft:

   This document specifies the operation of mobile computers using IPv6.
   Each mobile node is always identified by its home address, regardless
   of its current point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated
   away from its home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of
   address, which provides information about the mobile node's current
   location.  IPv6 packets addressed to a mobile node's home address are
   transparently routed to its care-of address.  The protocol enables
   IPv6 nodes to cache the binding of a mobile node's home address with
   its care-of address, and to then send any packets destined for the
   mobile node directly to it at this care-of address.  To support this
   operation, Mobile IPv6 defines four new IPv6 destination options,
   including one that MUST be supported in packets received by any node,
   whether mobile or stationary.

I haven't seen an official announcement of the draft yet, but it does
appear to now be in the standard IETF directories (at least it looks 
like its there on ftp.ietf.org).  It is also available on my web
server for the Monarch Project at CMU.  A link to the draft is available
from http://www.monarch.cs.cmu.edu/ietf.html .

					Dave
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------