Subject: (IPng 6698) ARCnet over IPv6: MTU text.

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:06:04 +0100

Hello,

it was suggested to me that the MTU should be defined in a more binding way,
to ensure interoperability. I agree.

My new text changes this:

--- draft-souvatzis-ipv6-arcnet-04.ms   1998/11/05 13:30:00     1.5
+++ draft-souvatzis-ipv6-arcnet-04.ms   1998/11/05 13:51:33
@@ -90,8 +90,7 @@
 implementations on a given ARCnet network should agree on a smaller
 value.
 
-Implementations SHOULD support an MTU of 9072 octets and MUST support
-the minimum MTU required by [IPV6].
+The default MTU for IPv6 [IPV6] packets on an ARCnet is 9072 octets.
 
 In the presence of a router, this size MAY be changed by a Router
 Advertisement [DISC] containing an MTU option. If a Router

The full text is available as http://www.rhein.de/~is/arcipv6.04d.

Comments to me, or maybe the list.

	-is 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 16:11:57 +0100

oops. make that subject: IPv6 over ARCnet