Subject: (IPng 6715) IPv6 numeric address in URL

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:16:04 +0900

I'm very sorry about dumb question, what was the consensus on
	embedding IPv6 numeric address into URL?  Pointer (name of draft)
	would be helpful.  I checked the email archive and found no clear
	result.

	I remember several candidates but have no reference to i-d:
		http://[3ffe:0501::1]/foo.html
		http://3ffe-0501--1.ipv6/foo.html
	Thanks,

jun-ichiro itojun itoh
[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 03:20:34 +1100

Date:        Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:16:04 +0900
    From:        Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | 	I'm very sorry about dumb question, what was the consensus on
  | 	embedding IPv6 numeric address into URL?

I don't think there has been one, yet.

kre

---

From: Atsushi Onoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:03:25 +0900 (JST)

> 		http://3ffe-0501--1.ipv6/foo.html

The latter is used in draft-ietf-svrloc-ipv6-05.txt for service: scheme,
which is in IETF last call period.

Atsushi

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:46:51 +0000

Correct. We don't have a solution.

  Brian

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:49:14 +0000

If so, svrloc has a big problem as there is no consensus for
this solution (especially not for the pseudo-domain).

   Brian