Subject: (IPng 7247) Re: A 6over4 isomorphism

From: Cyndi Jung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 15:39:22 -0800

And your point?

Cyndi

At 03:42 PM 3/1/99 -0600, Matt Crawford wrote:
>IPv4 multicast on ethernet		IPv6 multicast on 6over4
>================================	================================
>
>An IPv4 multicast address.		An IPv6 multicast address.
>
>Many-to-one mapping to subset of	Many-to-one mapping to subset of IPv4
>IEEE group addresses.			multicast addresses.
>
>Driver instructs NIC to receive a	Host instructs router to send an IPv4
>group address, possibly pulling in	multicast address, possibly pulling
>traffic to several IPv4 addresses.	in traffic to several IPv6 addresses.
>
>
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------