Subject: (IPng 7187) request for up-to-date implementation information

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Feb 1999 11:09:47 -0500

For those that don't know, We are building a "user oriented" IPv6 web
site on www.ipv6.org.

As of last night, I have a REALLY skeletal implementations page,
designed to let a user quickly navigate to implementations that will
work on their system or to find information on the built in version in 
their system.

I really need contributions for this page. The data on the playground
web page for systems like Apple Macs, Solaris, etc., is all either
really out of date or not very useful for someone who would like to
"download and play". (For instance, on the Mac side, knowing that
Mentat showed a v6 stack a few years ago doesn't help someone actually 
get a stack they might want to use *now*).

If people could please send updates, either to me or to
[email-masked], I'd appreciate it. I'll accept patches to existing 
web pages, new web pages to link in, etc. I'll also accept requests to 
mirror implementations and other information on our new anonymous ftp
site, ftp.ipv6.org. I'd like the web page to be "one stop shopping"
for users, if at all possible.

If you have some time on your hands and can *really* help contribute
to maintaining the site, I can make arrangements for you to help with
that, too.

Anyway, this is a bit of a "call for help". If there is anything you
can do, please get in touch.

Perry
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------