Subject: (IPng 7334) tcpdump-3.4a6 error

From: Mark Aring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:16:08 -0800

I apologize if this has been discussed before on a list, but I am having
a problem with compiling tcpdump using Peter Bieringer's Linux How-to
page.  Below is the error I get when compiling, either with
inet6-apps-0.34 or inet6-apps-0.30.  Does this look familiar to anyone?

./print-ipv6.c: In function `ipv6_print':
./print-ipv6.c:251: `IPPROTO_HOP' undeclared (first use this function)
./print-ipv6.c:251: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./print-ipv6.c:251: for each function it appears in.)
./print-ipv6.c:259: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch
statement
./print-ipv6.c:280: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch
statement
./print-ipv6.c:312: `IPPROTO_DST' undeclared (first use this function)
make[1]: *** [print-ipv6.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/tcpdump-3.4a6'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks,

Mark Aring

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Mar 1999 16:56:18 -0500

This sort of question really is probably better sent to
"[email-masked]", which is meant for this sort of question...