Subject: (IPng 7260) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-mld-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:19:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) for IPv6
	Author(s)	: S. Deering, B. Fenner, B. Haberman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-mld-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 01-Mar-99
	
     This document specifies the protocol used by an IPv6 router to
     discover the presence of multicast listeners (that is, nodes
     wishing to receive multicast packets) on its directly attached
     links, and to discover specifically which multicast addresses are
     of interest to those neighboring nodes.  This protocol is referred
     to as Multicast Listener Discovery or MLD.
 
     MLD is derived from version 2 of IPv4's Internet Group Management
     Protocol, IGMPv2.  One important difference to note is that MLD
     uses ICMPv6 (IP Protocol 58) message types, rather than IGMP (IP
     Protocol 2) message types.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-mld-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-mld-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-mld-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.