Subject: (IPng 7161) IPv6 in UNIX sockets

From: Chris Harding <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 17:46:05 +0000

Dear Perry,

A new draft of the Open Group XNS specification, incorporating the Basic
API to IPv6 per the recently announced RFC, is now on the web. There is an
introductory page at http://www.opengroup.org/platform/xnetipv6.htm and it
would probably be best to point to this page from http://www.ipv6.org

Comments from the ipng and ipv6 deployment communities are most welcome,
with one proviso - we don't want to re-visit issues that have already been
settled in the RFC!

Regards,

Chris
+++++

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
           Chris Harding
  T H E    Development Manager
 O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:[email-masked]   Ph: +44 118 950 8311 x2262
           WWW: http://www.opengroup.org    Fx: +44 118 950 0110  

OSF/1, Motif, UNIX and the "X" device are registered trademarks in
the US and other countries, and IT DialTone and The Open Group are
trademarks of The Open Group.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------