Subject: (IPng 7520) Re: Last Call: IPv6 Jumbograms to Proposed Standa rd

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:10:22 -0700

> No one is suggesting, at this date, that the question of AH 
> be reopened.
> But some remedy is clearly needed --  there's an 
> interoperability problem
> caused by different interpretations of the spec.  You would 
> prefer saying
> "no bump in the wire", I'd prefer saying "no AH" -- but realistically,
> the answer is going to be a clarification when the IPSEC 
> documents move
> to "Draft Standard".  For now, I suggest that someone write 
> up the problem
> clearly and send it to the IPSEC list.

The interoperability problem occurs with AH-AH and ESP-AH header
combinations. These are optional combinations, so I doubt they'll stir up
much interest on the IPsec list.

Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------