Subject: (IPng 7560) <draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-07.txt>

From: Vitaly Chipitsyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:29:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, everyone!!

Were there any comments on the draft "Mobility Support in IPv6"
<draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-07.txt>?

If yes, where can those be found, please?

Thank you.
--vc
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 01:10:43 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> As an implementor I can say there are still unclear or improvable
little points, for instance :
 - (old one but I never get an answer): proxy neighbor advertisements
 (9.5) as any neighbor advertisements have 3 flags and you can't find
 a word in the I-D or neighbor discovery specs about what to put for
 the router flag. If the mobile node may be a router (it should be
 a host but the I-D says "node") you are dead...
 - if you don't keep an old care-of address, for instance if you don't
 use 10.8 which is not always applicable, you MUST ask an acknowledge
 for updating bindings which use it.
 - movement detection based on the lost of the default router is less
 reliable then playing with prefixes. I believe the section 10.3 should
 be revisited then we'll get enough informations from implementations.

=> IPv6 and/or mobile IP mailing list archives (IPv6 WG is named IPng
for historical reasons).

Regards

[email-masked]