Subject: (IPng 7557) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 07:33:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DNS Extensions to Support IP Version 6
	Author(s)	: M.Crawford, C. Huitema, S. Thomson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-04.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 21-May-99
	
This document defines the changes that need to be made to the Domain
Name System to support hosts running IP version 6 (IPv6).  The
changes include a new resource record type to store an IPv6 address
in a manner which expedites network renumbering, and updated
definitions of existing query types that return Internet addresses
as part of additional section processing.
 
For lookups keyed on IPv6 addresses (often called reverse lookups),
this document defines a new domain to hold the top-level delegation
information and a zone structure which allows a zone to be used
without modification for parallel copies of an address space (as for
a multihomed provider or site) and across network renumbering
events.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.